00: Her dreams

TWO WEEKS HAD gone by since I celebrated my birthday. I was surprised when Amaris and our classmates suddenly suggested going to Axi's club. Since I didn't drive, I just tagged along with them. I wouldn't have been able to use my car if I got drunk anyway. Amaris and her boyfriend, Lev, were the first to arrive. Thankfully, they opted for an outdoor spot instead of a private room.

I looked around, smiling. "Mas maganda rito. Maraming pogi."

They burst into laughter at what I said, and soon enough, our other classmates arrived. I noticed a lot of celebrities and models around... Axi's club was indeed the most popular place in San Tiago. I lost my train of thought when I felt someone staring at me, but I couldn't figure out who it was.

"Anong gusto niyong inumin?"

Napatingin ako kay Lev. "I like tequila!" I smiled.

He nodded. "Sige. Tequila na lang." He stood up, tapping Zius' shoulder.

When they came back, they had three bottles of tequila and two buckets of beer with them. I couldn't help but grin at the sight. My liver had been craving this for quite some time!

"WHAT'S YOUR DREAM guy?" Amaris asked the most random question.

I poured some tequila into my glass and took a sip. Napangiwi ako nang bahagya dahil sa pait ng lasa nito. "Hmm..." Her question made me stop and think. Ano nga ba? "Basta matangkad at mestizo," sagot ko saka ako nagpatuloy sa pag-inom.

"That's it?" aniya na para bang nakulangan sa sagot ko.

I slowly nodded. "Yes, that's my dream guy. Kumbaga, ideal guy ko when it comes to a man's physical attribute. Balewala lang naman 'yon kung na-in love ka." Nararamdaman ko pa ring may tumititig sa 'kin. Napatingin ako sa kabilang table.

Found you.

At last, I found the guy who had been staring at me. Didn't he realize his gaze was a bit unsettling? I raised an eyebrow and met his gaze. I thought he might back off, but instead, he stood up and approached me! When he was inches away from me, he leaned in closer. I gulped and slowly moved my head back.

"You're the girl I saw during enrollment..." he spoke. "I like you. Why did you turn me down when I asked for your number?" I could smell his minty breath. "I want to taste your lips... And if you're up for it, maybe we could share a bed tonight?"

I couldn't contain my anger, so I slapped him. I barely knew him, so I was trying to remember what he meant. When I saw his blue eyes, it all came flooding back... He was the guy I bumped into during enrollment. He also searched for me on the first day of class because he wanted to ask me out. I had turned him down since I didn't know him at all. Did he really think I would say yes now?

I pushed him away by his shoulder. "Do you really think I want to fuck you?" I asked, irritation creeping into my voice.

His jaw tightened.

I rolled my eyes. "You're tall and mestizo. But I don't want your dick."

He stared at me coldly, then stood up and walked away.

ALMOST TWO HOURS passed, I lost track of how much liquor I'd had. I just accepted whatever Zius offered me. "Kaya pa?" he asked, laughing.

"Yes..." I replied, then stood up. "I'm going to the restroom." I went downstairs and felt a wave of hopelessness wash over me when I saw the long line. I covered my mouth, feeling like I was about to throw up. Panic set in as I desperately tried to hold it together... when someone suddenly grabbed me.

"Hey, you can throw up outside. Don't worry, I'll help you."

I didn't have time to look at his face. He took me outside the club, and I didn't even realize there was a restroom nearby. He held on to me until I began to throw up. One hand kept my hair out of the way, while the other soothingly rubbed my back. "Go ahead. Just let it out. You'll feel much better once you've thrown it all up."