EIGHT

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 :
deserved or undeserved suspicion

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     THE DOG GROWLED deeply as it took another step towards them, its cloudy eyes switching threateningly between targets

THE DOG GROWLED deeply as it took another step towards them, its cloudy eyes switching threateningly between targets. Rae slowly reached her hand down for her weapon when another dog walked around the corner. She gave Leon a nervous glance and saw him slowly in inching towards her.

     Suddenly the dogs burst into a run. Halfway there the dogs crossed, surprising the humans when they randomly switched their targets.

     Rae was able to react before the animal jumped on her, kicking it in midair. She pulled out her knife quickly, pointing it at the animal that had recovered quickly and bringing it down to its head once it got close enough. The animal fell to the ground and although she was sad she had to kill the dog she was glad it finally stopped trying to bite her.

     She heard a groan to her left and saw Leon on the floor, struggling with the other dog on his chest, trying to bite his neck. Rae reacted quickly, adjusting her grip on the knife and taking a step towards him. Suddenly, the beast had a bullet go through its neck from a different direction, causing it to whine and stop attacking.

     "Hey." A voice called out in the distance as the dog crumpled to the floor beside Leon.

     Rae looked up, seeing a woman wearing a tied-shut light-brown trench coat. She had a short black bob that was slightly asymmetric, longer to the left of her pale face that was hidden by dark sunglasses and her hair. Her legs were covered by somewhat see-through black leggings, red heels at the bottom of them. Rae blinked, from what she could see the woman was attractive.

     "Who is that?" Leon questioned, keeping his eyes on the stranger.

Rae furrowed her eyebrows, "I don't know."

     "Stay sharp." The woman warned and both turned to see the dog rising slowly beside Leon. The man quickly grabbed his gun and shot it once more. Now they turned back to the stranger.

     The woman turned to her, and Rae could feel her giving her a once over but the girl ignored it. Instead, she looked at Leon who was looking at the stranger in confusion, and made her way over to him. He was so focused in fact, that he missed the dog that was starting to move beside him despite two headshots.

     Rae lifted her knife and calmly stabbed it. It collided with the dog's head and it fell to the floor for the final time, making Leon turn to her and give her an appreciative nod before facing the stranger once more. Rae took her blade back from the fallen dog.