Chapter 11

Haha, so yeah. Disappointment. I actually, now, have a social life and it sucks for the both of us. Also, it's Mothers Day! So go out and celebrate all those wonderful mothers, sisters, best friends, and grandmothers that are in your life! Comment down below what YOU did for your Mothers Day!

__________________________________________________________________

Johannah

I trotted down the stairs and slid into the kitchen, the mouthwatering scent of waffles floating around the house never failed to wake me up. Henry was upstairs showering in my bathroom. I laughed at the memory of him trying to adjust the shower head so that he could fit. Daddy had installed it so that it was tall enough for me, but not super-giant alphas. Henry had grumbled but refused to take a shower in my parents' room. I went to the counter and fixed myself a plate of waffles and strawberries before opening our silverware drawer and frowning.

There were no small forks in the drawer, only big forks. I swear I can't be the only one with this weird issue, but it's the same with spoons. I can't use big spoons or forks. Kitty says I'm just picky, but I can't help it. In a set of silverware there's big spoons, big forks, little spoons, and little forks; plus butter knives. I, for one, have always and will always use the smaller utensils. It just feels unnatural to use the big ones.

I dug into the dish washer and rinsed off a dirty fork and dug in. It tasted delicious, way better than hospital breakfasts. I heard Henry before he even came into the kitchen. He stood in the doorway, leaning against the frame gazing at me. I looked up at him and frowned as my face turned red.

"Clothes?" I mumbled, noting his towel. He raised an eyebrow.

"They were dirty," he shrugged. "Casey's bringing me clean stuff. He'll be here quickly." He said, grabbing a plate. It was a good thing my parents had left for the grocery store after making breakfast, otherwise who knows what Daddy would've done. He sat down across from me and dug into his pile of food. I made glances at his fork and realized he used big forks; probably big spoons too, I decided.

A droplet of water slid from his still-wet hair slid down his neck and attracted my attention. I watched it slide down his shoulder and onto his muscular bicep before running off his forearm and disappearing under the table. Realizing I'd stopped eating and stared for too long I glanced at his face to see if Henry had caught me.

He had.

Henry raised an eyebrow at me and the corner of his mouth turned up into a smug smile. I looked away, my face burning, and chewed on another piece of strawberry. I felt his gaze on my face and the smirk tugging on his lips and swallowed. I stood and went to the sink, turning on the faucet and beginning to wash the gooey syrup from my plate. I heard his chair scrape against the floor and his strong arms reach around me to grab the sprayer. He caged me into the counter and I tried my best to not hyperventilate.

Henry cleaned off his plate, his arms still around me, and set his clean plate on top of mine on the drying rack. I felt his hands on my hips and gasped as he hoisted me up and set me on the counter. I was now looking directly into his beautiful eyes.

I'd never been at this vantage point, and dare I say I liked it.