Big Ass Alpha

Johanna~

I tore a piece of turkey off the huge leg, moaning at the taste of the meat.

"Mom so outdid herself again." I smiled appreciatively, my mom grinning back at me as Dad grumbled his agreement and kept stuffing his face. The dinner table grew silent, an abnormal happening at our usually loud and joyful dinner conversation. I looked down at my plate, then glanced up at my dad, whom was absorbing himself in his food like a mechanical robot. Bite. Chew. Swallow. Repeat. He's Third in Command and as of late he's been super busy because of rogue problems; and it's not just effecting him. It's making the entire pack worried and paranoid, including my two best friends. They're tired all the time and never have time for me.

I pouted at that thought. I've always been really immature around my friends, but I knew when to be strong and serious; like when my dad goes on business or brings the Alpha or beta over for business.  I pushed my plate back and burped loudly, thanking mom for the meal an bounding up the stairs in my Hello Kitty onsie. Sue me, I love Hello Kitty. Skipping into my bedroom, I launched myself onto my purple furry comforter and giggled, grabbing my pink bedazzled laptop and Face-timed Katarina.

"Kitty!" I exclaimed happily as her tired face showed on the screen, using my age-old nickname. Which she hated.

"Jo, I told you multiple times. Don't call me Kitty." she growled. I frowned and began pouting.

"Sorry." I grumbled, crossing my arms in an offended manner. Sighing, she rubbed her face and gave me a sad smile

"I'm sorry JoJo, don't be mad. I apologize for being rude. I'm just really stressed out with the rogues and all. We had to make arrangements with another pack for help. We don't know if this issue is going to become even more serious, and this pack we called on for help is definitely not known for its kindness." she ground out, taking a brush to her layered blonde hair. Stormy grey eyes filled with exhaustion met my own bright olive green and brown specked orbs.

"So are you, Nate and I still on for this weekend? The pack comes to help train on Wednesday so, we'd better suit up and get fun while we can."  I frowned. Tomorrow was Friday so we at least had the weekend for ourselves. Kitty nodded in the screen and secured her hair into a messy bun. Silence fell over our screen chat; silence had become more and more apparent these days.

"Hey Kat," I asked using one of my other nicknames for her. "What pack is coming? I know all the neighboring packs but they're all known for being friendly." I frowned. She shook her head.

"They're the Dark Moon pack. Dude these guys are coming all the way from England. They are the strongest and most feared pack on this side of the hemisphere!" she exclaimed, throwing her arms in the air and stretching her black tank-top out. I giggled as it showed her diamond belly button ring. I wanted one but Mom said no. I yawned and checked the time, which was eleven o' nine!

"Kit-Kat? I'm gonna go to bed, kay?" I said, rubbing my eyes. She nodded and smiled softly at me through the screen.

"I love you Jo. See you tomorrow." I shut my laptop and crawled under the faux fur covers, snuggling into my Hello Kitty pillow. I thought about the pack coming in next week and sighed. At least there's going to be hot English guys. Mom told me a story a long time ago, about how girl wolves meet their 'special guy' after they reach a certian age. She said humans find their special person as well, just usually at a slower and more ignorant rate than we do. She told me it was like being a human, like having a regular boyfriend, but instead everything would be magnified. I turned seventeen recently and I haven't found him yet. Even though the usual age you find that person is sixteen I try not to be discouraged. Good things come too those who wait!