Chapter 12

Percy's POV

Zeus looks like his top is about to blow and Artemis has a similar expression. Like we predicted Hades and Hestia look sad while Hera looks mad as usual. Demeter looks indifferent. Aphrodite looks extremely sad. Oh when I get the chance, I'm so going to kill her breaking us up.

"Won't they be able to sense us?" I whisper to Bianca, who is closest to me.

"No, I'll conceal us in shadows," She murmurs back. Suddenly a wall of darkness forms I front of us. It encloses us from all sides in a circular manner, kind of like a giant hamster ball. It's dark enough that the Olympians can't see us, but we can make them out. It also looks like the rest of the forest, in the fact that it is not too dark.

"Wouldn't your dad sense us?"

"He won't care. Dad never liked the children of Zeus. Good riddance," She says, quietly imitating her dad's voice.

"Shhhh," Hazel said, before pointing at the gods. Zeus looks even more pissed as he swings his master lightning bolt around. He shoots it into the sky, releasing a massive amount of energy. The whole camp shakes a little. like everyone got an electric shock. Campers begin to file out of their cabins. Annabeth and Brandon walk out of the Poseidon cabin, holding hands and looking annoyed that their kissing time was interrupted. Chiron trots out of the Big House in his pajamas shirt, We horse around all Night Party Ponies' All Nighter 2000.

"Lord Zeus," Chiron says, kneeling to all the Olympians.

"Chiron!" Zeus booms. "You have a murderer in your mist. She has killed my daughter and Artemis's second in command, Sydney Rae. We must find this murderer! All the campers, everyone even the pegasi stable, must be out in the center green now!"

The gods each flash into their respective cabins to make sure everyone leaves. Hades is about to flash into his cabin, when Zeus pulls Hades back gruffly. I feel the children of Hades stiffen beside me.

"Stay back, brother," Zeus spits out the word. "Your trust is on the line."

Hades looks infuriated but steps back and lets Zeus search his cabin. His eyes scan over the forest until his eyes lock dead on mine. His eyes seem to say, I'm not the oldest son of Kronos for no reason. I can beat baby Zeus to a pulp. He doesn't even look surprised or nod or do anything to give away our position. I scan my eyes around the rest of the camp. Katie Gardiner is comforting two little girls from the Demeter cabin, who are crying. Travis and Connor Stoll are rounding up the many children from the Hermes cabin. Clarisse has the Ares cabin in strict military lines. Leo, who must have stayed in the Hephaestus cabin instead of Bunker nine tonight, is carrying little Harley on his back. Harley is still sleeping. Clovis and his three sibling from the Hypnos cabin are all wide awake, a rare thing. I tense my muscles, ready to fight, when I see Hermes poke with his caduceus a four year old daughter of Hecate, hurrying her along. She slips in the mud. Lou Ellen turns around at her cries and picks her up, mud and all. I'm am going to kill them all. Right now. I don't even realize my fists are clenched until Reyna puts a hand on my tightly balled fist

"Relax, Percy," She whispers. "If the gods hurt anyone, I'll help you beat them up."

I smile at her and she returns it.

Zeus returns from a long search of the Hades cabin. "Athena!" Zeus yells. "Check in all the strategical hiding spots. No one will remain hidden tonight." His eyes get an evil gleam.

Hera looks extremely bored beside Zeus, braiding and unbraiding her dark brown hair. "Do we have to do this now? In the middle of the night?"

"Yes, the murderer must be found.