Parent Talk

*Thomas' P.O.V.*

I watch y/n as she walks to her door, glancing back at me, hesitating to close the door. I smile at her and she bites her lip, still keeping eye contact with me.

And a second after, she closes the door and I'm left with her dad.

Alone.

"Take a seat son," Her dad says, patting the seat next to him.

I raise an eyebrow at him, wondering why he was telling me what to do in my own house.

But I sit anyway.

"What do you think of my daughter?" He asks.

"Well, sir," I say, looking at y/n's door, imagining her figure standing there with a smile on her beautiful face. "I think she's the best thing that ever happened to this world. She's incredibly selfless, understanding, loyal, brave, talented, and just... wow! It's hard to find all the words that can describe her! It's impossible to describe just how amazing and beautiful she is into a book series, much less a whole bloody sentence! She's been the best thing that's ever happened to me, and I really hope I stay in her life for as long as I can. And I hope that goes even after death."

I have a lovesick smile on my face by the end of my confession.

I suddenly just want to hug y/n and tell her everything I just said. I suddenly have the urge to kiss her, even though she's not here with me. I want her in my arms and to stay in my life forever.

"Have you ever gone to any pubs?" Y/n's dad asks. "Done any drugs? Alcohol? Smoking? Have any tattoos? Have you done any crimes? Gotten into any fights?"

"Only in movies," I chuckle, answering his last questions first. His eyes go wide and I quickly explain. "I'm an actor, sir. So I'll have to do things that are considered illegal, even though I haven't ever actually done them."

He nods his head and says: "And the other things?"

"I'm scared of needles, sir. If I ever got a tattoo I must not have been awake. Or it's one of those tacky temporary ones." I explain. "I haven't ever done drugs except for medications that my doctor has prescribed to me. As for the pubs..."

I chuckle awkwardly and sheepishly blush, rubbing the back of my neck.

"I used to have a smoking addiction but have since stopped. I hardly ever go to the pub anymore, as I used to go frequently." I answer honestly, not sure how y/n's uptight father would respond. But better tell him the truth than have him take y/n from me after finding out from somewhere else. "But thanks to y/n, I don't drink as much, hardly ever. And I haven't been to a pub in 4 months."

Y/n's dad stares straight at me, making me slightly uncomfortable. But I don't let him get power over me.

That's what he wants.

"Alright, son." Y/n's dad finally days after a few minutes of silence. "I'll let you keep dating my daughter..."

I smile, about to get up and thank him when he stops me by continuing to talk.

"But I'm setting some rules," He says, sending my stomach into a knotted mess.

"Rule number 1: Don't you dare do anything that makes her uncomfortable." He begins.

Ok, that one's easy.

"Number 2: don't have sex with her until after marriage." He continues. "Number 3: don't pressure her into doing anything she doesn't want or that can harm her, like drugs, alcohol, the such. And number 4..." He drains this one out, making sure I'm listening.