Callbacks

*just a little drawing I did awhile back*

Question of the Chapter:

When do you get ready for Christmas?
*********************************

Macy was still calling off names.

To no surprise at all, both Thomas and Dylan got called back. Even Max got one!

But I still haven't heard my name.

"And finally we have Stacy Parks and y/n y/l/n!" Macy says, looking up from the paper and smiling.

I breathed out a huge sigh of relief and fell back onto Thomas as those who didn't get called back groaned.

Thomas wraps his arm around me and kisses my forehead.

"See," He whispered in my ear. "I knew you could do it." I shook my head in disbelief as I nuzzled my face into his neck and wrapped my arms around him.

"You're insane," I mutter against his throat, making him chuckle softly as he rubbed my arm.

"Alright, for those of you who have call backs, we're going to go back to the office room, split you into groups and go from there." Macy explains. "Now, please follow me."

We all get up and go after her. Thomas keeps his arm wrapped around my shoulder and allows me to lean into him as I rub my hands together to help me control my nerves. I can't help but nervously look at all the other girls that were there; they were all stunning! And probably insanely talented.

Why was I called back when I didn't even stand a chance?

We finally get back to the room, but before we go inside, Macy stops us to talk once again.

"If I call your name, you're going to go into this meeting room to do the first part of call backs." Macy instructs. "They'll explain everything you need to know. Now, please listen up."

We all remain silent as Macy reads off the names, my own being called along with Dylan's.

I cling tightly onto Thomas' hand when I realize he won't be there with me.

Thomas smiles and kisses my forehead softly. "You'll do amazing, love. I have no doubt about that."

"What makes you so sure?" I whisper quietly, looking up into his soft brown eyes.

"Because," Thomas says, pulling his face closer so he could whisper directly into my ear. "You seem to have all these idiots fooled," I blush harshly at his words, turning my face into his neck to hide my burning cheeks.

"Alright, if everyone who's name I called would please go in so that we can get the rest situated." Macy calls out.

"C'mon, y/n!" Dylan says, coming over. "Kiss Thomas goodbye. I'll protect you while you're away from him."

"Dyl, you're gonna be the one who needs protecting." I roll my eyes, walking out of Thomas' embrace.

"Um, what makes you say I need to be protected?" Dylan asks in disbelief, folding his arms over his chest.