Chapter Fourteen

"Ma, I'm sorry for not coming home last night, but can Kenny and I please go up to my room to work on this?" I was desperate as Kenny and me sat on the floor of mom's bedroom while she watched tv. "No, mija. I know what you and Kenny did." I tense up and try to calm myself down. "What do you mean, ma?" My voice quivers. "Kevin told me what you two did. He said he could hear you through the walls, mija." I blush heavily and look towards Kenny as he's looking down guiltily.

"Ma, it really isn't what you seem." I look at her to see her with an expression that just screamed 'I'm not stupid.'

A little bit later, Ma let me and Kenny go into the kitchen for food. So we did, we both left the room and got a few snacks; the time was maybe around six or seven, I had kind of lost track of time as we were actually working. Everything was still awkward, I didn't know what to say to him...I was even afraid to eat in front of him. That's never happened before. My stomach was growling as I slowly ate. Kenny didn't pay any attention to me, so why was I hesitant? The silence in between us was killing me slowly, no one broke it so we just ate, got a drink and went back into Ma's room.

As we walked in, Ma welcomes us with a question: "So, did you enjoy it?" She asks curiously as I have a disgusted expression on my face from her horrendous question. "Ew! Ma, what the hell? Do you need the chancla?" I threaten grabbing ahold of it on her bedside table. "Get your manos off of mi chancla!" She smacks my hand as I drop it back down on the table suddenly.

I felt my stomach start to churn, not in a good way though. It felt like vomit. "Ma, puedo ir al baño?" I say suddenly, "Si, ándele, chica." Mom ushers me and I quickly get up and walk out of the room, I walk around the corner and open the door to the bathroom.

I quickly shut shut the door behind me and proceed to sit on the floor. I just wanted out of there. I made a huge mistake, omg wait. Did Kenny use protection...? I mean, I don't feel sick in any way. But I guess it wouldn't happen immediately... right?

I get back up and walk out, I walk into the kitchen and grab a water bottle and then go back into mom's room. I sit on the floor again and lay down. "Mija...? Is something wrong?" I squeeze my eyes shut and I feel a hand stroke my head. I thought it was mom but when I opened my eyes I trace the arm to Kenny. "Yeah, I'm fine, I just feel a little sick is all." I say quietly as Kenny continued to play with my hair. "Kenny, did you use a condom?" My question looms over everyone's head, my mom stayed silent as Kenny chuckled. "Yes I did. I would never take that risk." I smile and sit up. I write a few more things down on my notepad, tear a piece of small paper off and then close it.

"Well I think I'm going to head up to my room. Goodnight, Kenny." Kenny gets up and we hug, I slide the small torn piece of paper into his back pocket. I felt him tense up and I smile knowing that he'll check his pockets. I let go and wave to Kenny as he leaves. He had a smile on his face the entire time. Before Ma could say anything to me, I bolted upstairs and started to clean my room. I pick everything up from the floor and fix my bed, then I open my window for some fresh air.

I wasn't sure if Kenny was actually going to read the note but I'll just have to rely on him.

After an hour or so I get a text from Kenny.

Kenny: Why'd you touch my butt?

Me: ...you're retarded.

Kenny: What? Do you want more of me?

Me: If you're not understanding why I touched you, then there's no point in trying to explain. I shouldn't have to explain myself.

Kenny: THERE'S A NOTE?

I mentally facepalm and roll my eyes. I sit on my bed and reply to Kenny.

Me: Yes... are you going to read it?