Doa of mulberry

Last night, Nia and I decided to go out in the evening for a walk since she's not up for a jog. After the study session, Nia fell asleep. I decided to continue with my homework because there were plenty of them. My brain couldn't go on with homework, so I cleaned my table and went upstairs to my dormitory. Some of them are having fun, and some of them are sleeping. I walk towards my place. My locker is next to my bed, so I tidy up my locker and lie down for a bit. I got up, grabbed my towel and took a quick shower. I met some acquaintances and friends. I greeted them. I chose the last cubicle because it is more spacious than the other cubicles. I brush my teeth. I got back to my dorm and woke up Nia to get ready. I wore my favourite baju kurung. While I waited for Nia, I chose to read the school literature book. It's amusing because it seems like every time I read the book, I learn something new.

Then Nia got back to getting ready, went downstairs to record our temperature, and went to the dining hall. We didn't eat much because I'm on a diet and Nia still hasn't properly woken up. After dinner, we went for a walk. There were still other students. Nia seems to have fully woken up now. She's enjoying the colours of the sky. I like to hang out with her instead of pushing away things she doesn't understand. She learns the subject and enjoys it together. We pass by the computer lab. The computer lab is next to a garden and a nursery (this area is used by agriculture students for their projects). The students cleaned up the place recently, and Sir H planted fruits along with flowers. It's a great place to take pictures.

Mulberries were in season. We forgot to bring a bag to bring back the mulberries. Nia and I got a handful of the berries. We washed them up and ate the berries right away. After a few handfuls of berries go down to our belly, we collect the other berries. I pick the lower one, and Nia picks the higher ones (she's taller than me). By the time we finished collecting the berries, we decided to rush back because it was already dinner time for the boys (the school separates dinner time for boys and girls). As I expected, the boys are rushing into the dining hall. I tried to use another way, but the warden might catch us for coming back late. Going through the alley between the teachers' room and the dining hall is also a bad idea. I'm sure it's filled with boys by now. We had no other choice but to go another way, which is outside the dining hall. Even though there are so many of them, at least we can walk further away from them.

Out of the blue, they shouted, "AamIIIN!" I thought they were reciting Doa, then another guy says that while laughing, and it goes on and on. Nia and I are so confused. We don't know what is going on. One of my classmates (a boy) called me and asked me what I was holding. I showed him the mulberries. Then Nia asked him why were the boys shouting "Aamiin" while looking at us. We were so confused. He answered and said that it looks like we are praying because our hands are in the position when a person is in Doa. We felt kind of embarrassed, and the boys were still saying "AAMIIN" as we walked away. As we got out of there, I heard my classmate explaining to his friends that we were holding a handful of mulberries.

As soon as we escaped the guys, Nia and I started laughing. It never crossed our mind that the boys would say that instead of a whistle. It was fun, but not good. Nia decided to preserve the berries. She cleaned them and mixed them with sugar. The next day, some guys from my class heard the stories about the Doa of Mulberries. It was kind of embarrassing, but it doesn't bother me that much. After school, Nia gave me some of the berries since we collect them together and wanted to share them with me. I had some biscuits. We ate the berries with biscuits since I ran out of bread. Nia spread the berries on the biscuits and gave them to me while I read some books. She also offered them to our dorm mates (there's only Tina, Pikachu, and the others were somewhere else at that time). The rumours that we collected the mulberries late in the evening spread amongst our classmates and friends, but then died down. It only lasts for a few days.

And that is our story of The Doa of Mulberry...