Chapter 1

14 years later

"So tell me Mr.Jeon, tell me about your first case."

Never did I ever think that a simple question would ever faze me...but for some reason this did.

My first ever case. For most people their first ever case is something to be proud of, that Yes! I have done it!...I have solved my first case! But for me...in my case I wish I had never solved my first case. My first case gave me a scar that no amount of time could ever heal.

"Sir?"

"Ah! Yes. My first case....let's see...it was not an official case given to me but it was the first case that I solved. A case of suicide. The victim being my schoolmate."

You know I never really understood why someone would willingly want to give up their life. Something so precious to someone, being given up so easily...it made no sense to me...atleast...it made no sense to my younger self.

"They say that experience gives you a deeper meaning of life. Experience comes with time...time to age, to understand,  to grow. That was what my first case meant to me. When I had finally solved it...I had lost it all."

The interview ended and I left the place and walked down the street and into my car.

Time does give you experience....but along with experience comes scars...lessons that you will never forget....memories, words engraved at the back of your mind forcing you to remember the events that you deeply want to forget.

Sometimes you just want to be with the other person....in my case. I just wanted to be with him...with Kim Taehyung. But just like the saying goes you cant judge a book by its cover, maybe I did judge him by his cover. After all doesn't the society do the same thing?

I reach home and open my door, set my bag on the table and go to my bedroom. I open my door to see him. My Tae. Such a happy smile. No one would ever think that he hid a lot behind that smile. I thought the same too. I pick up the frame that had Tae and me. A lovely picture. Both of us smiling so brightly.

Without realizing it, tears ran down my face. I wiped them and placed the frame down near the diary that means so much to me.

Sometimes all we ever want to do is to go back in time. Try to erase our actions. Try to make someone feel better. I wish I could have done the same before you went away. I wish.....that's all I can do right now.

XoX

I updated early as per requests, so as to give more insight to the book.

Comment, vote and share if you like the book.

And remember to spread love to everyone.💜💜💜 It takes a little to make one smile.😌😌😌

I'm also doing a shameless promo here.

This is not a y/n book and its neither a taekook book

Yuriko is a character of my imagination and does not represent anyone in real life.

Jeongguk's personality here is also a part of my imagination and in no way represents the real jungkook.

Yup look forward to my new book, music to the soul.

Oh and this is the book cover

Yup ......I created it.....🤭🤭🤭 the bg is from google tho, I think the different lives, different stories should've been a little bigger.....but I'm too lazy to do it....

Oh also credits to canva for helping me create this 💜💜💜