1

Dream woke up on the hard floor. Did he fall out of bed or something? And why was it so hot? He knew there was a heatwave in Florida, but it felt like he was surrounded by-

"Lava."

Dreams eyes shot open, staring straight at an obsidian ceiling. He quickly sat up. Was he... Was he in the prison!? How did that make any sense!? This is Minecraft!

"This has to be a dream..." Dream muttered, stumbling over to the lava.

Slowly, he reached out to the molten rock.

"Shit!" He cursed, recoiling as his fingertips burned, "Definitely not a dream..."

Dream looked around the cell. How did this happen? How was he in a freaking game!?

"Sapnap!" Dream shouted, "Sap! Nick!"

He started breathing heavily. This couldn't be happening. This couldn't be real!

"SAPNAP!" Dream screamed.

The netherite barrier blocks came up with a couple of clicks. Then the lava started receding. There stood Sam, geared in full netherite, sword in hand.

"Sam!" Dream shouted, leaning against the blocks, "Sam you have to let me out! We gotta figure out what's going on!"

All Sam did was glare, "You're being loud."

Dreams eyes went wide, "What the hell are you talking about!? We're in Minecraft! Is this not worrying to you!?"

Sam gave him a strange look, "what's Minecraft?"

Dream took a step back. Was he the only one? Was everyone else their character? That means Quackity...

"Oh shit..." Dream mumbled.

"Just keep it down." Sam sighed, letting the lava fall back down with a few clicks.

"Wait! When's Quackity coming next!?" Dream yelled, "Sam!"

Dream backed up until he hit the wall, then slid down to the ground. This had to be some kind of sick nightmare. This couldn't be real. But the steady drip of the crying obsidian and the heat of the lava proved it was reality.

"Wait a second..." Dream paused, "Where's Techno? Where am I in the lore?"

The thought occurred that Tommy might not have been killed yet. What would happen if Tommy came to visit? Would he have to kill him to stick to the lore!? Could he kill Tommy!?

"Sam! SAM!" Dream called again, "Where's Tommy! I need to know! SAM!"

The masked man heard laughter outside the lava, "oh Dream, it's not Sam."

"Fuck..." Dream whispered as the blocks came up and lava started falling.

Quackity stood there, smiling with excitement in his scarred eye. The bridge started to send him over as Dream baked himself into a corner.

"Quackity, please listen to me, something's wrong here!" Dream begged.

Quackity rolled his eyes, pulling out an axe, "yeah yeah, you know the drill. Are you going to hand over the revive book?"

"Listen to me! I'm not Dream!" Dream yelled, "I mean, I am Dream, but I'm from a different... Universe or something! In that universe, this is a game! A virtual game! And we're characters! This world's Dream isn't me!"

Quackity rained an eyebrow, "you've made some pretty bold excuses, but this one takes the cake. I mean, alternate universes? Don't make me laugh!"

"I can prove it." Dream stepped up, "just answer me one thing. Has Wilbur been revived?"

Quackity crossed his arms, "yes. Wilbur's been revived. He's been revived for a while now."

Dream breathed a sigh of relief, "okay, thank God."

"How are you going to prove that you're from an alternate universe?" Quackity asked.

"I'll tell you something I couldn't possibly know in prison!" Dream said, "Like Las Nevadas' rivalry with Wilbur! Or Tubbo and Ranboo's cookie outpost! Or-or Charlie!"

"Charlie?" Quackity scoffed, "who's Charlie?"

"Slime! Charlie Slimecicle!" Dream yelled, "your spy or whatever!"

"Yeah, okay." Quackity shrugged, "anyone could have given you that information."

"You're the only one who visits me!" Dream growled and sighed, "Glatt. You met Glatt in an underground gym. He made you do squats and he told you he's learning Spanish. You-you gambled against him and lost, and that's why you're trying to get the revive book! To revive Schlatt! Is that enough proof!?"

Quackity stared at Dream with wide eyes, "okay, maybe I'm starting to believe you... but what the hell am I supposed to do?"

Dream shrugged wildly, "help me get out of here?"

"How?" Quackity rolled his eyes, "Sam's not going to let you out of the prison."

"I don't know... Maybe you could get Tommy to distract him for a while?" Dream suggested.

"Tommy?" Quackity shook his head, "you really think after you manipulated and killed him, he'll help you?"

Dream sighed, "believe it or not, Tommy and I are good friends in my world. Remember how it was at the very, very beginning? Before the disks and the wars?"

Quackity's face softened, "yeah."

"It's like that all the time in my world." Dream smiled, "we're all friends."

Quackity smiled back softly, "that sounds nice. I'll figure out a way to break you out and get you back to your world, okay?"

"Okay." Dream nodded, "Thanks Big Q."

Quackity laughed, "I'll see you soon Dream."