12

Phil hummed happily to himself. Wilbur and Techno seemed to be getting along at last, outside, talking about some adventure they went on. And with Tommy no less! It was almost like old times.

"Wil! Techno!" Phil called as they went silent, "have you two killed each other-"

Phil froze when he saw who was waiting outside. Tommy, Tubbo, Ranboo, and...

Dream.

The tea Phil was preparing dropped from his hand, "What are you doing here."

Dream turned to the winged man, his eyes going wide, "Phil please don't kill me we have a good reason to be here!"

"And what is that." Phil said, aiming his sword at the masked man.

"Phil!" Tommy shouted, stepping in between, "please! Dream isn't the enemy and we need the Syndicate por-table!"

"How do you know about the Syndicate?" Phil asked, glancing at Techno who just shrugged.

"There's some sort of alternate universe stuff going on." Techno told him, "that's why Will and I helped break Dream out."

Phil sighed, "you what?"

"Please Phil. Once we open the portal and beat the Enderdragon, everything will go back to normal." Dream said, "Tommy and I will go back to our world and everything will be fixed in this one!"

Phil sighed, punching the bridge if his nose, "I cannot believe you."

Tommy and Dream felt their hope slip away.

"Do you know how dangerous that was!?" Phil yelled, "no wonder Sam is so pissed off!"

"Uh..?" Dream glanced at Tommy.

"Listen. I've heard of the Enderdragon." Phil said, "an ancient beast that control's the end. If you have to defeat it, I will help. Techno, take them to the table, er, portal?"

Techno shrugged, "sure."

"Wait! Do any of you have ender pearls and blazerods!?" Tommy asked.

"Uh, yeah?" Techno said.

"Why do you need ender pearls and blazerods?" Wilbur asked.

"Eyes of Ender." Dream said, "they're the keys to opening the portal. Once twelve of them are placed, the portal opens."

Techno hummed, handing the items to Tommy, "twelve, right?"

"Yeah." Tommy nodded.

The boy crushed the blazerods to dust. Everyone watched as Tommy sprinkled the dust over the pearls. The golden dust sunk into the pearl, collecting around a slit pupil and causing the eyes to almost glow green.

"It... It looks like the thing that was in the table I found." Ranboo said.

Tubbo smiled softly, "it looks like your eye."

Ranboo grimaced, his ears dropping a little, "please don't take out my eye..."

"Where's the portal?" Tommy asked, turning to Techno.

"Right this way." Techno started walking away further into the arctic.

Surprisingly, it wasn't a very far travel. Phil and Wilbur opted to stay behind. Techno lead the rest of them to a frozen pond, told them to jump down, and they landed right at the entrance. A few more button pushes and...

The Syndicate room stood before them.

"Woah..." Tommy watched wide eyed as he gazed around the room.

"This is amazing..." Dream said, taking in everything.

Techno smirked softly, "yeah... Phil and I worked pretty hard on it."

"Oh-ho-ho!" Dream laughed, "this is incredible!"

Tommy darted over to the portal frame, "it looks so much cooler in real life!"

Tubbo blinked as he looked around, "so... This is what you've been up to?"

Ranboo nodded, "uh, yeah..."

"Woah woah woah! What are you doing!?" Techno yelled as Tommy and Dream started taking out the wood of the table.

"Opening the portal?" Dream raised an eyebrow, "you can't have blocks in the center."

"But the table!?" Techno whined.

"It'll be reset when we go back." Tommy said, "hopefully..."

Techno groaned, shaking his head. Tommy ignored him, getting ready to place the first eye. Everyone watched with bated breath until-

"I wouldn't do that if I were you."

Dream jumped as he heard his own voice behind him.

A man smiled back at them. Half his face was covered by a white mask, which four horns seemed to sprout from. Two gold rings crossed over his head, covered in green eyes, making an 'X'.

"XD!" Techno laughed, stepping between the god and everyone else, "uh, long time no see..."

XD shifted his gaze to Dream and Tommy, "you two aren't from here. Interesting..."

Dream shivered, "that's so creepy."

"Uh, hey!" Tommy took a step towards the god, "we just wanted to go home-"

"Ah-ah-ah!" XD waved a finger, "no End! That's the rules."

XD smiled down at Dream, pressing a finger to his forehead, "your rules if I'm not mistaken."

Dream took a hurried step back, "I-I-"

"XD please!" Tommy stood in front of Dream, "we have to go through that portal, unless you're willing to take us home yourself."

"Unfortunately I can't do that." XD leaned back, hovering in the air.

"Fine." Tommy frowned, "TUBBO CATCH!"

Tommy threw the eyes to the goat boy. Tubbo caught them, managing to put two in before XD flew over.

"Ë̴͕̍N̷͇̻̪̯̓Ȯ̸̖̙Ų̶̰̟͈͒̈͘G̸̝̥̞̩̈́̉̃̓H̴̜̥͕͂̃͝!" The god shouted, summoning a sword.

"Tubbo!" Ranboo yelled, diving for his husband.

In a flash of purple particles, Tubbo and Ranboo appeared on the other side of the portal.

"You can teleport!?" Tubbo gasped.

"I can teleport!?" Ranboo stared wide eyed at his hands.

"Tubbo! The eyes!" Techno yelled, defending Tommy from the angered god.

"Right!" Tubbo nodded and started placing the eyes as quickly as he could.

They were almost done. So close, only one more eye left-

"It's over Dream!"

Sam ran into the room, decked in full enchanted netherite. And he was pissed.