Chapter 23

Sophie's POV:

I didn't actually expect Netflix to hire me. They told me I had to go in twice a week until my internship at HYBE was over. They offered me a part time job as part of the photography team.

*ping* New Message from Tae🐻

New message

Tae🐻

Hey!
Do you like japchae?

Me:
I'd love to try it

Tae🐻
Ok, I'll be there in 10

One of the things I love the most about working as a photographer is that I don't have to go formally dressed to work. Even if I work for a big company, I can always wear comfy clothes. So while I waited for him to arrive, I went outside to the benches and put on my bucket hat.
Tae arrived quicker than I expected. He parked the car, got out and waved at me. He opened the door for me to go in the car. His fluffy brown hair was blowing in the wind. He wore a black FILA T-shirt with rolled up sleeves, black sunglasses that covered half of his beautiful features, black face mask, black trousers, black belt and Gucci slip on black loafers. He looks so handsome. I don't think I can hold a conversation with him for longer than 3 seconds. How will I make eye contact?

"Hello Sophie-ssi" he teased me in a playful voice.

"Hi!" 

I got in the car, we drove to a small restaurant a little outside Seoul. As we arrived, Tae explained that they had the best Japchae. 

"You know, we don't usually go out to eat japchae, we usually prepare it at home. But I wanted to take you here today." Tae explained.

"Thank you! I'm sure I'll enjoy it"
The restaurant was busy but no one seemed to recognize him. He said hi to the lady at the restaurant, who approached our table and gave Tae a hug.

"Taehyung-ssi! We've missed you! Have you been busy lately?" The lady asked Him.

"Yeah! I've been working nonstop. I told my friend Sophie that you make the best japchae in Seoul."

"Oh no! Stop!" The lady blushed, "I'm sure your mom makes a better one. But your friend here is so pretty!" 

"Yeah, I know! I've been meaning to tell her that she looks beautiful today, but I wasn't sure how to say it" I smiled at the ground and blushed when I heard Tae complimenting me. 

"And she's a foreigner, too!" 

"Yeah, but she can understand Korean better than you'd think" 

"Ok ok, so I'll bring you two drinks and japchae and it's on the house today." 

"No no! I'll pay you, please" Tae replied

"Oh stop it! It's the first time you've brought a date here, so she must be special! It's on the house" The lady headed towards the kitchen.

Tae turned to look at me, he was embarrassed by what the lady had said. I thought it was cute that he'd been here many times before and it felt like home.