𝟏. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐤𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐫

"Fantastic choice," Heather failed to hide the smirk creeping up her face as she checked out the movie for a mother. Holding up the book, 'The Wrong Number', she added, "I love this one."

"Its trash." The black haired woman retaliated dully. "Low-brow horror. It's for my stepdaughter." To this, the smile faded into a frown on Heather. "Uh, that'll be $2.95. Thank you for shopping at B. Daltons. And, have a nice night!"

A/N: I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW THE NAME OF THE STORE HELP MD 😭

Heather flipped off the moody mother as she left the store and began closing up.

"Attention, shoppers. Shadyside mall is now closed." A voice on the PA spoke. She shut off the bookstore lights and started putting away books which were on the counter. The sudden ring of the black phone on the other side of the front desk alarmed Heather, making her jump slightly before she rushed to pick it up. "Hello? This is B-Daltons, we're closed." She sighed, irritated at the ignorant customer.

"Okay, since when do you work late?" A familiar voice rang out from the other line, making Heather smile. "Since my mom used the last paycheck instead of scratch tickets instead of the gas bill." She informed with an eye roll. Click. The line went dead, as if Ryan hung up, just out of nowhere! "Hello? Ryan? Ryan, you there? Ryan, hello?" Finally giving up on the dead line, she set it back and exited the bookstore determined to find her friend, Ryan. "Hello~? Ryan?" Except, no one was out there. Just the stupidly overly bright light coming from the store Ryan worked in. Clank. She spun around on her heel gasping, just to be met with the janitor of the mall walking into the bathrooms with a mop and bucket.

"'Night." He said in a monotone voice. Sighing and embarrassed of her ridiculous behavior, she smiled at the innocent man while rubbing the back of her neck. Something was felt on her back, something rubbery. She spun around once again to see one of the sex dolls from Ryan's store, and a mischievous looking, you guessed it- Ryan. "Jesus Christ! Ryan, what the hell dude?" She hissed. "Forgive me?" The boy held the doll tucked in one arm and in his left hand, he held a drink from the food court. "I do need a ride tonight."

"That's what she said." Ryan clutched the doll's breasts while biting his bottom lip. "You are disgusting. And yes, I don't want to walk alone." She took a drink from the soda and her eyes pleaded her friend to not make her walk alone all the way home. "Fine, just give me and Jasmine here 15 minutes to close up." Ryan held up the doll with a smirk when Heather pointed out that he had given it a name. "Yeah, I thought that big tits was kinda deflating her ego." He answered proudly, along with a scowl. Heather rolled her eyes and began walking away, ready to finally close up the store.

"Ryan." A surprisingly soothing voice called out to him when he turned the other way, preparing to leave.

"What?"

"I didn't say anything, weirdo?" Heather answered sarcastically. Noticing the gate wouldn't close all the way, she would keep it in mind when seeing someone in charge to have something to complain about in the shitty store. She then began setting up books on shelves one by one. That was until she heard a loud thud from the other side of the shelf. She peered around the corner carefully, dreadfully scared this night especially, she had never been freaked out like this on the job. There, on the floor, lay a single book begging to be picked back up and put back on the shelf. Complying to the sign, she slowly made her way to the book that had somehow fallen over. Setting it back on the shelf, Heather was startled once again with a shadow moving past another bookshelf. "Hello?" She asked, looking around the small store, fearing for what or who she may find. There, laying on the ground by a different shelf, was another book. She picked it up, before turning her head at another loud sound. "Okay, very funny, asshole. I'm getting spooked, okay? You win." She spat, fed up with Ryan's games.