𝟖. 𝐍𝐨𝐭-𝐒𝐨-𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐬

"It doesn't make sense. It's...it's not possible. Bullets didn't stop her." The group sat in Deena's house, trying to make sense of what happened earlier that night, of everything that happened. Y/n had most definitely heard of Ruby Lane. How could someone dead come after Simon, he shot twice, bleed black blood, and still live? Sam was right. There was something strange going on.

Simon made his way to the front window, checking outside for anything off then closing the curtains. "Amazing observation." Kate remarked. She was already fed up with Sam, y/n thought. She remembered back to the conversation before they set off for the hospital earlier in the night.

"You forgot the most important part. Fuck Sam."

"Yeah, fuck her. She needs to get her psycho boyfriend in check."

"Who the hell was that?" Deena asked Simon who was locking the front door. "How the hell should I know? She...her voice was good! I don't know! The bitch seemed normal!" He cried, blood still splattered all over his face. "Yeah, well I hate to break it to you, but normal bitches don't bleed black fucking blood!" Deena reminded him. Y/n then remembered earlier again when Kate babysat and had to bring the two girls to Ms. Lane. She had told y/n about having a daughter, saying she was 'cursed' by the witch, but of course, the girl didn't believe it. Really? Some witch from the 1600s cursing someone for no reason to make them go psycho and go on killing sprees? It didn't make sense, and still didn't. "Well, she was normal until she attacked me with a fucking razor blade!" Simon shouted back at Deena. "Wait. What...A razor?"

"Yeah, for like old-times shaving, or in this case, I guess, slitting her-" the blonde was then cut off by Josh who made sense of who attacked him. It made sense. Ruby Lane, she sang a song, had a razor blade. But, she was dead, how could she attack Simon? "Wrists. She slashed her wrists." Josh finished knowingly. Everyone looked down at him in surprise when he answered. How did he know so much about killers? Was he really just that interested in them? "Was she singing something? Was she singing a song, like an oldie...like an oldie song?" Josh then added a question to the conversation, making sure that it really was Ruby Lane who attacked Simon. "Jesus, Rain Man. How the fuck do you know that?" Simon gasped.

The group gathered in Josh's area, watching as he pulled a newspaper scrap from his wall. He walked over to the table they sat at, clearing it off and putting the paper down and slamming his hand on it. "This is Ruby Lane. The girl who attacked you." Simon grabbed the paper, sliding it in front of himself for a better view and his eyes went wide. "Holy shit!" He exclaimed. "She sang as she murdered her boyfriend, her friends, then she killed herself. Slashed her wrists." Josh then explained part of the killer's story to everyone. "Jesus. Yeah, why didn't I see this on the news?" Kate looked over to Josh, who paused for a moment, and y/n answered for him. "Because it happened thirty years ago."

"1965." Josh finished, arms still spread on the table. He got up and walked to his wall, pulling down many newspapers about past killers and set them on the table, kneeling on the ground by everyone. "Ruby is one of Shadyside's killers, just like Skull Mask." He slammed a newspaper on the coffee table, showing the other ex a picture of Ryan, the killer from the hospital and mall. The one who killed Heather. The one who killed the receptionist, Nurse Beddy, and Peter. But how? He was dead! "I mean Ryan Torres."

Then, he pointed to another newspaper showing the night wing massacre. Y/n remembered when Ms. Lane mentioned that she was there the day of. It must have been traumatizing for the poor woman, having to live through it. "Look, 1978. Sixteen years ago. Masked psycho murders kids at-" Josh was interrupted by Kate. "Camp Nightwing. Yeah, my mom's sister was there. That screwed my family up for a long time."

Josh then placed down another paper on the wood table. "1950. Harry Rooker. Local milkman slashes a bunch of housewives." Then, another newspaper was placed down. "1935, Humpty Dumpty Killer." Then another. "1922, Billy Barker." Another. "1904, Grifter guys girls, and on and on. It happens on Shadyside over and over. Normal people turn into psychos." The last picture, was a painting- or at least a drawing of someone with no eyes. Simon picked up the drawing, inspecting it with shock and partial fear. "Look at this guy." Josh stared down at it, that one was always one of his least favorite killers to learn about. "That's the pastor, Cyrus Miller. 1666. He was the first one recorded. He, um...Killed kids and cut out their eyes. Y/n gagged, putting a hand over her throat but then picking up the picture to look at it.