𝟏𝟐. 𝐒𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐑𝐮𝐥𝐞𝐬

The tape recorder started and Nick Goode began his interview with Deena after finishing with Simon and Kate. "Interview with Deena Johnson. Sunday, October 2nd, 1994. Wanna tell me what happened?" Deena fiddled with her fingers, already knowing what to say after going through the plan with everyone else. "We were picking up Sam's prescription." She started, not daring to make eye contact.

"And the lights went out. It was pitch black." Josh continued the story.

"I couldn't really see anything."

"We ducked behind a counter."

"We hid until it was over."

"How did you get that?" Goode asked, pointing to y/n's limp arm which was still not in a cast. "I tripped fell on some glass." She explained, holding her arm out to show him for some sort of proof.

Deena cleared her throat and turned her hand over revealing the wound more. " I fell on some glass." Josh answered the same way, looking down. "You had to get 15 stitches on your shoulder." Goode added, waiting for Sam to explain how she got her very badly messed up wound. "I fell on some glass." Was her same answer. "Sam, you look like a ghost. Like you just came back from the dead." The sheriff smiled in attempt to lighten the mood. "Shock, I guess." Sam answered briefly with a shrug.

Goode ended the recording and leaned forward across the desk. "You came here for my help. I should have listened to you. I'm sorry. I'm listening now." Deena didn't believe him, he wouldn't believe in some urban legend about a witch cursing all of Shadyside, right? Or supposedly dead killers attacking innocent teens, right? "But there's nothing else to say."

_

The group sat by each other by the desk Sam and Deena once were, talking about seeing the Skull Mask killer, Ryan Torres again. Martin sat behind them, handcuffed and waiting for the right moment to talk. "Hey," he whispered to Josh. "Urkel. Help me out." He shook the handcuffs, but then sighed when Josh ignored his talking. "Oh, ok. So I'm a bad guy because I'm in here. Then that makes you a bad guy, too, little man." After Josh decided not to help Martin out, Simon handed y/n a paper clip, to which she coughed and dropped onto the floor by his shoe, sliding it over closer to himself. Just then, Deena walked in after being done with her interview. "Let's go." She motioned over to the group, who got up tiredly, and Martin stopped y/n and Simon, slipping a card out of his pocket and giving it to them. "I owe you." He whispered. Y/n smiled at him, starting to walk straight after to make it less suspicious.

"Anything comes to you, call me." Goode watched as the whole group exited the room. Martin sighed, mad that the sheriff was back. "Prodigal son returns." He smiled at the prisoner. "Man, you ain't my family." Martin scoffed. Just as Deena and Sam entered the lobby, they noticed the blonde's mom. Simon, Kate, y/n and Josh immediately slipped past them and onto the parking lot to wait.

"Sam!" Her mother exclaimed, but upon noticing Deena, she grabbed the teen's arm roughly. "Samantha." She brunette decided to speak up, smiling at Sam. "So, I guess I'll...see you tomorrow?" She asked. Her girlfriend and her mother exchanged glances before Sam turned back to Deena and sighed. "No." She approached the other girl confidently in spite of her mom. "See you tonight." She corrected, pulling her into a kiss and walking back over to her mom, who just grabbed the girl by her arm and dragged her out of the door aggressively. Deena was so ready to piss of that old hag.

_

"I, uh...I wanted...I wanted to give you this the other day. But, uh-" Deena held a mixtape in her hands, preparing herself to hand it over to the girl next to her. "What is this?" Sam asked with a smile, locking eyes with the brunette. She tucked strands of hair behind her ear and smiled, thinking of the right words to use. "A mixtape?"