𝟓. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐁𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐤-𝐢𝐧

Deena laid peacefully in her bed, fast asleep, though still not able to get the car crash out of her head. Suddenly, the covers were pulled off of her. She gasped, sitting up in an instant to see Josh, her brother standing in front of her bed. "I'm gonna kill you." She breathed out, still recovering from the sudden scare. "Yeah? Do it before Dad gets here, he's gonna murder you! You know the cops called him at work about some accident last night?" Josh referred back to the car crash, when Deena had hurt Sam on accident. She wouldn't be able to forgive herself, that was for sure. "Please get out of my room."

"You get out of your room. You've been in your bed all day!" Josh pointed out, just for his sister to grab a pillow from her side and chuck it at him. He caught it and finished with, "get up!" Before leaving her bedroom. There, on the floor were her white sneakers, once clean, now fresh blood from Sam splattered on the front.

"I'm here with Martin P. Franklin, Shadyside Mall Janitor. Martin, what do you know?"

"He was a normal dude. I always thought he would, like, just go home and read a comic book or whatever. He was chill, just snapped I guess." The Shadyside Janitor spoke.

"A baffling development here as mall employee Ryan Torres has been identified as the killer. A recent graduate of Shadyside High. An ordinary guy who, as those who knew him attest, just seemed to snap." Deena immediately shut off the tv, not wanting to hear about that same murder, taking away someone from her school. Deena picked up the phone and held up a clipboard with a paper on it, dialing the hospital Sam stayed at.

"East Union Medical."

"Hi. Uh, Samantha Fraser's room, please?" Suddenly, the doorbell rang, making her yell for Josh to answer it.

The doorbell rang rapidly over and over again, though Josh conveniently didn't hear it over his game and the music he played.

"Hello?" The woman on the other line asked. Deena began pacing around the room and biting her nails. "Uh...Hi, uh, Mrs. Fraser. I'm sorry. Uh, Miss...Ms...Hi, um...Is Sam there? I just...I wanted to see how she was doing." In the background, the doorbell continued ringing and Deena became more impatient. "Deena?" Ms. Fraser on the other line sounded both surprised and disgusted. "Yeah. Hi. I was just w...worried about her and-" Deena couldn't finish her sentence, she was immediately cut off by the furious mother. "You won't stop until you've ruined her life completely, will you? She's fine. Don't call here again." Then, the line went dead.

The doorbell rang repeatedly and Deena called out to Josh again. "Josh!" She stomped to the front door and pulled it open to reveal- nobody? The front porch remained silent, nothing moving and no one there. Then, who rang the doorbell? Deena stepped onto the porch and opened the white door just feet away from the other. She stepped out onto the steps and looked out across the street to see a person standing by a tree, wearing that damn skull mask. "Oh, hey, Peter!" Deena called out to the douchebag. "See you got the full costume now!" She said no more, stepping back onto the porch and slamming both doors behind her.

"Hey!" Josh suddenly came out of nowhere- well, from the kitchen, startling Deena. She gasped and took notice of the ringing from the oven. "Pizza ready?" He asked eagerly. "Oh, that ringing you heard."

"What?" Josh scoffed turning to watch as his sister took the pizza out of the oven. "I have priorities. Jeez" he stepped over, putting the pizza on the counter. "Shit! Hot, hot, hot." He hissed in pain from the heat but managed to move the pizza. Deena stood in the bathroom gazing out of the window and there stood no other than who she assumed was Peter. He held a knife in one hand, staring straight up back at the partially frightened girl. The weapon was bloodied, which Deena couldn't tell. After all, it was just a prank Peter was playing, right? She still stood at the window, staring down the jerk possibly waiting for him to just stand down and leave. Except, he didn't. He continued to stand and stare, no movements, no words. "Sunnyvale prick." Deena whispered to herself before walking away from the window. The masked killer still stood there, waiting for Deena to come back, but she didn't.