𝟏𝟏. 𝐈𝐭'𝐬 𝐇𝐚𝐩𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

The group sprinted into the ambulance, Simon turning to close the doors. "Let's Timothy this bitch!" He cheered. The tires screeched loudly and Kate drove off from the school.

_

The Berman residence was silent like always. Rarely anyone stopped by, until tonight. The cop car pulled over on the side of the road and came to a stop, Sheriff Goode now approaching the door. Most of the lights were off and the man was about to knock. Was it a good idea? Did she find out yet? Did she want to see him? Millions of questions floated around in Goode's head, but he decided to ignore them all. Grabbing a notepad out of his pocket, he wrote the note he had planned for and folded it, slipping it into the mail slot. 'It's happening again.'

_

The parking lot of Grab & Bag was empty, not including the ambulance that seemed to stand out. On the wall was the pictures of the employees of each month, which were all Simon. He went behind the prescription counter, picking up drugs and taking them out onto the other counter by everyone else. "A few months ago, my brother Timothy had an unfortunate experience in which he ingested too much of a certain substance. He was dead in two minutes. But..." Simon began to drum roll, pointing at Sam after. "We got him back!" He finished. "Kate. It's time for your close-up." Deena smirked, looking over at the other brunette. She nodded, smiling nervously back.

_

Kate popped open each of the pills, separating them into specific piles for Sam to take. "You need to take these in order. Pile one takes the edge off." Simon explained, pointing to which pile corresponds to what he was saying. "You're gonna feel like you're being fucked by a unicorn." Josh scowled at how much Simon and Kate knew about the drugs as if they'd taken them. "Pile two is gonna bring your core temp way down. You may feel slightly sick." Simon then took out more pills, forming them into a pile. Deena nodded, looking to see if Sam was paying attention then looked back at Kate who separated more pills for them. "You need to take a five-minute interval between pile two and pile three. That's really important, OK? Pile three brings you down and out, so you gotta take that 'take five' or it's all gonna go to shit!"

Y/n watched them explain expertly how to take the pills and when to take them. "How many do we have?" Kate asked, turning to Simon again. "Tons. Like a thousand." She then handed the blonde boy over a handful of EpiPens. "Wait. EpiPens?" Y/n asked, leaning farther on the counter. "Epinephrine, also known as adrenaline. This is what brings her back. This is Jesus!" Sam sighed, preparing herself for what was to happen next.

_

Deena sighed deeply, drawing the red X onto Josh's chest with Sam's blood. "Sam's blood marks the spot." She smiled weakly and put a hand on her brother's shoulder, pulling him in for a hug.

"Yo, Kate. Can you get my chest for me?" Y/n asked, turning back toward her friend. Kate nodded, lifting her hand and drawing an X with Sam's blood before setting her hand back down. "Remember half an hour ago when you wanted to murder me? You don't have to do this. You can leave." Sam reminded, cleaning her bloodied hand with a paper towel. Kate spoke up with a guilty expression, "remember when you decided to sacrifice yourself for us?" Y/n walked over, resting her arm on Simon's shoulder, smiling softly at Sam. "We're ending this together." He put a hand on her upper arm, patting it. "Die well, my friend."

"We got back door patrol." Simon pulled Josh along with him, but first reminding y/n to stay safe. She nodded, looking down and standing by Kate. "Hey!" She called, running over to Josh and pulling him in for a kiss. "Y/n and I will run interference up here." She said before walking off with the other girl.

Deena and Sam stood by the pie counter glancing at each other with uneasy looks. What if the plan failed?

Meanwhile, Simon and Josh made their way toward the exits they planned on checking and decided who goes where. "OK, I got stock room. You take the emergency exit." Simon whispered, pointing to the exit. "Whoa! No, no, no! Splitting up is not a good idea at all." Josh insisted on staying together, but it wouldn't work out and would keep an exit unguarded. "But, dude. Listen to me. I know that this is all fucked, but...we gotta do this." The fridge lights illuminated their faces, being the only source of light they had while Simon continued on. "Kate, she's a crusher. She doesn't have time for most people." Y/n rushed to one side of the door, in charge of backup since everything else was covered. She was there for when everything went to shit and she had to help someone out.