𝟏𝟗. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐖𝐢𝐭𝐜𝐡 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐋𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐬

TW: F slur.

_

Goode breathed heavily and his wounds started to ache and hurt more and more from every step he took. He couldn't stop, not again. Deena was close and he could feel it. "Nick!" The girl screamed again, it sounded oddly near, but he assumed it was the echo of the cave. It had to be! The sheriff then decided it was time to turn off his flashlight and get moving again. He couldn't risk it.

_

The undead killers lay motionless on the ground, how ironic. They absolutely tore each other apart in front of the group, and they were to say the least, traumatized. They wouldn't stay dead though, those bastards. Not until Deena kills Goode will they die for good. (Haha haha Goode, good. Get it?? I'm so funny laugh please). "Now they're dead, but that's not gonna last." Josh started as he stared at their bodies. Simon lifted up the gate for the other boy and glanced back at y/n who helped Kate up. "We don't have a lot of time. We have to get ready to fight." Josh was stopped from walking when Christine pulled his arm back. "Wait!" She peeked over his head at the little boy wearing a mask who hit a table with a bat repeatedly. Specifically, Billy Barker. "What the hell is that?" Simon and Martin both asked, scowling at the murderous child before their eyes.

The bat hitting the table and the items on it made a loud banging noise that got the six looking confused. That's when Ruby Lane started singing. She was near too. "You always hurt the one you love," the girl wasn't even in sight, but by the song and the person's voice, Josh could immediately recognize the woman. "Ruby," Simon gulped and thought back to when she slashed his ankle and put up a big fight in the street. "The one you shouldn't hurt at all" the banging seemed to get louder and more annoying, making y/n let go of Kate's hand to put hers over her own ears. "Jesus, can that kid knock that shit off already?" She groaned but put her hands back down when getting patted on the shoulder by Martin. "OK. OK, you know what?" He walked over to where they kept the water guns and picked one up. "At least we still have magic blood." Good thinking, Martin. Y/n grinned widely and slipped past the man to grab one for herself to use. He then attempted to spray Billy but the squirting stopped suddenly. The blood from the gun was gone. "I'm tapped." Martin looked down disappointed and turned to see y/n try to spray the killer, only for her to be out of blood too. "Shit," she whispered, dropping the gun since it was of no use anymore.

Christine tried using hers, only for the same thing to happen. "Me too." Josh shook his head and encouraged his friends to keep fighting. "No, no, no! We can find other weapons!" He reasoned with them. "We can use the delivery hallway, outflank them. We-" the boy was cut off by y/n and Martin who had different plans. "Or...we can wait it out." He suggested. "We wouldn't want to end up like those other killers all dismembered." Y/n decided to add. Christine, Kate and Simon silently agreed even though Josh didn't. "What?" The boy shook his head, disagreeing with the suggestion. "No, no! We're too close! Too many people have died, I'm not letting them take my sister too!" The others looked down in guilt, guilty that they didn't want to risk their lives any more. "We have to protect her!" No one dared speak up but instead bit their lips and stopped themselves from doing so. "please!"

When Christine and Martin shook their heads lightly, saying no, Josh decided to walk out of the store on his own. "Josh!" Simon yelled, joining him. The boy picked up Thomas' axe that was still by the window and got ready to use it.

_

Flies buzzed around the new area of the cave and Goode panted, using his hand on the wall to help him keep himself up. "Nick!" Deena kept calling his name and he turned back again.

Deena's light was working again and she walked further along the more wide path now. "Solomon forged this place with nothing but words and stone!" Goode was near, and Deena prepared herself for what was to come. "Awakening this power from the depths of the Earth." That goddamn witch, she cursed out the evil man in her mind as she followed his booming voice. "He extended his hand to the darkness," upon reaching a new area, Deena realized she stepped in some sort of black goo. It was similar to what came out of Ruby Lane's body when she was shot, and all of the black matter splattered everywhere from the Skull Mask killer being sliced up. "For my family, for me!" The man went on and on about his family being selfish and greedy people. "300 years it's lived, grown. We're cultivated it." Deena passed another corner, now realizing where the black goo came from. There was some sort of heart in the middle of the cave. Flies surrounded the horrendous thing while it beats, imitating a human heart. Except, Deena didn't know exactly what it was. "We've sacrificed for it!"