𝟕. 𝐑𝐮𝐛𝐲 𝐋𝐚𝐧𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐀𝐠𝐚𝐢𝐧

Glass was being broken on the other side of the wall and Deena turned to look. The skull masked person had begun their search for Sam and her, and it wasn't safe to stay around. They were aware that the rest of the group was outside already, but the killer was blocking the exit. The girls dove behind the receptionist's desk and breathed heavily from the chase before. Sam then looked down. There, on the notepad, was fresh blood, now smeared on their fingers. The girls looked at each other with a small gasp before Sam covered her mouth and sobbed quietly. Deena turned to her left to see the receptionist she had talked to not long ago, dead. It looked as if she was stabbed repeatedly in the neck. Either way, the scene was still traumatizing.

Then, Nurse Beddy walked in to see what all the commotion was. She noticed the skull masked person and said, "you can't wear that mask. What are-" she was then cut off when being stabbed in the neck. Blood pooled out of the poor woman's body and the girl's were forced to watch. That's when the killer saw them. Sam screamed at the top of her lungs, jumping up and Deena followed her to the exit, only for the blonde to be grabbed by the killer. Deena came up from behind and latched onto their neck in attempt to pull them back, but Sam luckily bit their arm. The knife dropped to the ground, sliding out of everyone's reach. Simon leaned out of the ambulance, opening the door and shouting to them. "Come on!"

"Come on! Let's go!" Simon and Josh shouted, but Deena and Sam took one final look at their attacker. "What the..." there, on the floor lied Ryan Torres- the mall employee that supposedly just 'snapped'. The bullet shot through his head was still there, the hole big and easy to notice.

"Mall employee Ryan Torres has been identified as the killer in the mall massacre." Ryan slid the skull mask back onto his pale, bloody face and got up though still too late to reach Deena and Sam who already reached the ambulance. "Deena! Come on! Deena!" Josh yelled to them.

"Deena! Hurry up! Let's go!" Y/n yelled from inside the vehicle and Deena yelled to Sam, "Go! Go!" As soon as they jumped in the ambulance, Simon shut the doors tightly and Kate already started driving away. "We have to go now!"

"Hurry!"

The tires screeched and set out for anywhere but the hospital, not where the killer was.

_

"You have access to the mall. You are still employed there, correct?" Nick Goode asked from the other side of the jail cell. Martin stood right on the opposite side, glaring at the sheriff then looking down at his lap while the other man drew on a canvas with the spray paint cans.

"I'mma tell you again. Somebody planted that. Those ain't my cans." Martin explained for the fifth time since he got there. "You're right, Martin. These...are actually my cans." The sheriff then corrected him, holding the canvas up to show a frowning face painted on. "Why would I tag my own place of work? Come on, man!" Martin hit the table next to him, trying to get Goode to look at him. "Martin, around here, people show a little respect. They call me Sheriff Goode." Nick Goode nodded to Martin, starting to walk away to leave the room.

"Sheriff Goode?" The man behind the bars walked towards them, glaring at the Sheriff again. He turned back to look at him one more time, then left. "More like Sheriff motherfucking Evil!" The door slammed shut and Martin was left to himself again.

_

"I'm telling you, it was him!" Deena explained to Mr. Kapinski while he ate a donut, still not taking the two teens' story seriously.

"The psycho killer my colleague shot dead, huh?" He repeated his question just like before. "Yes! That's what we keep saying! What the hell is wrong with you?" Sam became more frustrated by the second. How could they explain it in a way to convince the police when they could barely convince themselves what was going on even happened? "Officer Kapinski." Sheriff Goode's words had the officer sigh, looking away. "You told me to come to you." Both Deena and Sam turned to look at the new arrival who stood confused at what was going on.