[Chapter 7]

Bakugou stood in front of the looming doors of his house.

The Bakugou household was an extravagant one- although not as grand as the Yaoyrozu's, it was still imposing.

Large iron-wrought fences surrounded the edge of the property. A sprawling green lawn and a towering statue of what Bakugou to this day, had no idea of, greeted onlookers at first sight.

His house rose up behind it with its intricate double front door and lavish porch.

The triple-story house was no joke when it came to sheer wealth.

Mitsuki had bought it in Bakugou's middle school years. And so far, the blondie still enjoyed his previous house near the Midoriya's, exponentially more than this.

~~~

The front door creaked open as Bakugou walked in gingerly.

The first thing that Bakugou noticed was the pungent smell of beer that stung his nose.

He wrinkled his nose in distaste before shutting the door. The blondie sighed gazing across the room taking in the mess that greeted him.

Beer bottles were strewn across the floor, and a passed-out Mitsuki was spread out on the sofa.

This wasn't a usual sight for him, but he still hated it.

Mitsuki could be seen sprawled out on the sofa, dead drunk, after a night at who knows where.

It was either this that greeted him or the huge empty house.

Mitsuki would leave for weeks at a time, sometimes, before coming back wasted. Bakugou wasn't entirely sure what she did, but the company was still somehow afloat and well so he figured she must have worked at some point.

But the worst days were when she came back after fraternizing with her "friends."

Bakugou crept gingerly across the room, trying his best to not wake his mom while avoiding the glass shards on the floor from the broken bottles.

Even if the living room was a mess and the lower floor of the mansion was practically trashed, it was better than Mituski actually being awake.

The young blondie had just crossed the room and was about to climb up the stairs when he heard the sudden noise of his phone ringing.

The sound echoed through the large foyer while Bakugou cursed quietly under his breath, fumbling to turn the phone off. He didn't even glance at who was calling him in the panic of trying not to wake Mitsuki; his fingers slid across the screen, canceling the call.

The crimson-eyed boy took a quick glance back at the sofa, sighing in relief as Mitsuki seemed to still be passed out on the couch.

'Thank god, the Old Hag's still asleep'

But he spoke too soon.

"Brat?" A rough voice laced with drowsiness spoke. Bakugou stiffened, his eyes widening in panic.

His mouth was clamped shut while he stood still on the edge of the stairway.

"Oi! Brat is that you?"

He could either reply to her right now and get hit. Or not reply, and get hit harder later.

But there was a slim chance that she would fall back asleep and he'd escape unscathed.

"Katsuki!" Mitsuki yelled, Bakugou slowly turned back to see his mother no longer spread across the sofa, instead she sat up while rubbing her eyes.

"Yeah?" He called out but his voice was soft, you barely hear it if you weren't trying to.

"Get down here brat!"

The blondie turned away from the stairwell, dragging himself in front of Mitsuki.

"The fuck are you doing here this early?!" Mitsuki growled at him and stared at him up and down in disgust.

'Cuz school ended, you bitch. Or did you forget I'm a student too?' Bakugou thought, but he didn't dare voice his opinion out. Instead, he chose to be silent, staring down at the bottle-strewn floor.

"Dammit, I don't want to see your face as soon as I wake up." She spat, angling away from Bakugou. 'Neither did I, but here we are.'

Bakugou's hand clenched, his fingers digging into his palm.

"Minikui has told me about your... disappointing performance at school."

"I..." Bakugou felt a sudden sting as his nails split the skin on his palm.

Mitsuki snorted. "You should be trying harder, Brat. You're never going to become like those blasted heroes of yours if you keep slacking off."

"I haven't..." Bakugou mumbled, his voice barely audible.

"What did you say?"

"I said I haven't been slacking off!"

SMACK! A harsh slap stung against his cheek. "Minikui was right, you are a worthless piece of shit."

Bakugou's shoulders shook in frustration. "Why... why do you always believe that asshole's words and not your own son's!"

"He-" The younger blondie's words were cut off with a sharp kick to his stomach as he was thrown back. His back crashed against the table as the wind was knocked out of him. He gave a strangled gasp, choking for air.

"The fuck did you say to me?" Mitsuki's voice rang out, her tone cold without a shred of remorse.

She stalked over to Bakugou's fallen form, where he lay slumped against the coffee table.

"Brat... you should know your place," Mitsuki raised her hand again, making contact with his body. The sharp pain of skin against skin coursed through him.

Bakugou felt his palms spark. But when he looked up at Mituski's crimson dripped eyes inflamed with haunting intensity, the explosion died in his hands.

He had fought ruthlessly against villains with unimaginable powers but here was a woman who only stood a mere inch taller than him.

And all he could do was cower in fear.

Right now, he was no longer 'Ground Zero'. All he was Katsuki, a 6-year-old trembling in fear of his mother's drunk shadow.

And just like every other time, Bakugou didn't fight back. He took each stinging blow as he curled in on himself. Using his hands to protect himself from the oncoming strikes.

The blondie whimpered in pain at an especially powerful kick to his gut. But he took each punch, kick, and slap as Mitsuki muttered curses underneath her breath.

"Fucking brat, it's because of you." Her words were dripped in malice. "Everyone now looks down on me. Shitty board members deciding that I wasn't good enough to walk on the runway."

Bakugou let out a strangled gasp as the air was knocked out of him once again with a blow to his stomach. He uttered a garbled cry of pain.

Mitsuki seemed to finally have her fill and left the Bakugou's fallen form on the floor.

The blondie gave a sigh of relief when he heard the door slam shut. His cheek rested against the cool tiled floor and he closed his eyes wearily.

'I'll stay like this just a moment longer.'

_____________________________________________

Daichi's thighs 'nuff said

VOTE, COMMENT AND, TAKE MY DAMN LOVE <3