[Chapter 8]

"Come with me"

"What the fu-"

It was lunchtime, and Bakugou was eating in the cafeteria with the rest of the Bakusquad.

Currently, the blondie held a spoon full of spicy curry that was long forgotten due to the male in front of him.

Todoroki had marched up to his table, and blurted out the request, his face impassive through it all.

"Oooh~" Mina crooned, giving a knowing look between the two.

"Shut up, Pinkie," Bakugou growled, giving a quick glare in her general direction, before turning back towards Todoroki.

"Again, what the fuck, Icy Hot!"

"I need to talk to you, follow me."

"Oi, I ain't doing shit, piss off!" he spoke with a slight snarl near the end.

Sero snickered at the two. "You gotta ask him nicely if you want to get a man to follow you," He said loudly, faking stage whispers.

Bakugou flipped him off.

"Just- just shut up, Halfie" Bakugou sighed, shoving the spoonful of curry he held into his mouth before getting up and gesturing towards the dual-haired boy to follow him.

He stalked out of the cafeteria, before walking down an empty corridor near the bathrooms.

Bakugou suddenly whipped around while Todoroki took a step back in surprise.

"Now, explain what the fuck, was that about!" He hissed, his tone low.

Todoroki was silent, but a shape glare from the shorter male prompted him to speak up.

"Why did you ask me that yesterday?" He softly murmured, his tone still apathetic with a hint of curiosity.

Bakugou snorted at this while recalling his hurried declaration from the day before. The blondie flushed slightly remembered how he blurted out how Todoroki would be a good hero.

Bakugou shook off the embarrassment before replying. "What? You surprised I'm not a complete asshole?"

"That's still up for debate-" Todoroki replied, a knowing look in his eyes.

"I dare you to finish that sentence" His hand sparked dangerously. "I'll  explode your fucking pretty little face in."

"You think my face is pretty?"

Bakugou gave an exasperated sigh, rolling his eyes. "Are you fucking du-" But he halted mid-way upon noticing the barely concealed grin Todoroki held.

"You little shit, you said that on purpose!" The blondie lunged towards the heterochromatic boy.

The explosion was just about to singe Todoroki's hair when Bakugou's arm faltered and swung back down.

He gave a hard glare at the taller male. "I'm not wasting my time with you."

"Wait-" Todoroki called as Bakugou was about to turn around. "I really do want to know why you asked that though in the beginning. Why are you so interested in the machine. And that question too."

Bakugou's lips formed a tight line. "Why are you so interested in cornering me randomly and badgering me?" He countered mere seconds later.

"To be fair, last time you were the one who approached me."

"I asked you one fucking question. You've asked me like 10-"

"Well, do you want to ask more then?"

"Yeah," Bakugou emphasized, before sticking his middle finger up. "Fuck off."

"That wasn't a question."

"It also wasn't a request!"

The duo glared at each other, a heavy silence infused with barely contained annoyance growing between them.

Todoroki sighed, running a hand through his hair. "Look Bakugou, I'm just trying to help. Surprisingly enough, there are other people out there who want to be heroes. If you're trying to figure something out about the machine... I want to help. There are things I want to know too. "

The blondie hesitated, dawdling upon Todoroki's request. But as of right now, Bakugou needed none of Todoroki's assistance. He knew what he needed to know, and another person would just be a hindrance to him.

He bit his lip, chewing tentatively. "I have my fucking reasons Halfie. I don't want nor need your help. I'm not gonna hurt any of our classmates if that's what you're worried about."

Todoroki nodded slowly, "Okay then, I trust you." Although, the urge to ask more was blatantly all over his face.  But Todoroki held it in, there was no gain in pushing a classmate with something they weren't comfortable with.

With that Bakugou turned around, walking speed walking back towards the cafeteria, but not without one sharp glare directed towards Todoroki.

"And I know I'm not the only one trying to be a hero," Bakugou said, meeting Todoroki's eyes before declaring with gusto. "But I'm going to be the one to surpass All Might!"

Todoroki's long strides catching up with Bakugou's rapid pace. "You sound like my father."

The crimson-eyed boy groaned, sparing a glance to look up at the other.

This time Todoroki held a genuine grin on his face that wasn't concealed.

"Well, I'll surpass that asshat too!"

________________________________________________

An update for all ya' lovelies! :DD

VOTE, COMMENT, AND TAKE MY DAMN LOVE <3