37.

Mallory

It's a little less than an hour until the so-called 'attack' that is going to happen at midnight, and Eyal has been trying to convince Victor to let us go somewhere safe. But somehow, Victor is very certain about being able to survive or even win this attack.

I'd love to see him try.

Lucky for me, Victor hasn't come up with a man to me yet, with I am very fucking grateful for because I'm not some kind of toy people can just play around with. I have feelings too you suckers.

One of Eyal's men just left the VIP room into the main room of the gala. Yeah, let's just call this thing a gala.

Anyway, he told Eyal that some people have randomly been gone for already thirty minutes and that every few minutes another person leaves the room, possibly to meet up with them.

So we're thinking everybody must know about this attack, and they're either all working against the attack together, or they're working with the attackers tonight.

Let's hope the first one is the truth, but they both doubt it is.

Victor has been coming and going, trying to find people who would want to have or buy me. And this might sound weird, but I'm happy Eyal chipped me. Because for some reason, I do trust him. At least a lot more than any of the other men in this room.

I have been thinking about what Rosie and her children must think. I think it's clear for Rosie that I'm with Victor, I think we both could and should have seen it coming.

I mean, now I know how he knows that I'm in Australia. But I think he saw it coming that I would be in Australia for Christmas.

Christmas used to be one of my favourite holidays, and I guess he remembered that, which would also be one of the only things he remembers about me.

He also knows that I love Rosie. Rosie and her family are more family to me than he ever was and than he ever will be.

Not that it bothers him, of course, it doesn't. Why would it bother him if he is the reason that this family is so fucked up.

I mean, sure things got messy when mom died, but if he hadn't done the things that he had done, I don't think it would have been like this the way it is now. I think we could have started over or something. At least, I hope that's what we would have done.

But now I'm so much more curious about Eyal. I think we've established that Victor had cheated on my mom with another woman, Eyal's mother. Because there is no way that mom would have had a baby at sixteen, grandma would have literally forced her to get an abortion, and I know it's toxic but the woman would have.

Besides, no offence, but Eyal looks nothing like my mother, but he also doesn't have a lot from Victor. I guess we both take after our mothers, and that Victor is just some lonely creep that gets women pregnant.

But I like the thought of Eyal. I like the thought of him being my brother. And I most definitely like the thought of having any sane and alive family at all, and I think that thought is going to get me through a lot, especially tonight.

"Well, looks like I've found someone for you, after all, little bitch." My thoughts are cut off by Victor standing in front of me with a man. A man I know way too good. A man that I missed so much.

But I cannot show them I know him, I reckon it won't be smart.

"I know him, calm down." I say in Eyal's ear who was very obviously ready to stand up and pick a fight with the Italian man. Mateo.

Eyal looks at me with a weird and confused look across his face until I give him a nod, and he accepts the whole thing.

Probably have to explain a shit ton to him later. Scratch that.