{ Chapter 4}

Jennie's POV

I woke up with someone shaking me.

I groaned as I slowly flutter my eyes open.

I saw Taehyung.

"Wake up sleepyhead. Someone is looking for you." He said.

I sat up from my bed, but I've thought back about what happened last night.

How Jimin told me I was beautiful, and how that ball wasn't I expect it to be.

"Who?" I asked as I stepped down my bed and tied my hair.

"Don't know. Just go downstairs." He replied.

I looked at the empty of bed of Hyeri which led me to my next question.

"Where's Hyeri?" I asked him.

"Oh..she had work to do at a café."

"Oh okay."

The next thing I did was to go out of the room and dash downstairs.

When I arrived there, a gray car was waiting and then, leaning there was a familiar lady in her 40s.

"Hello Good Morning Jennie." The woman smiled.

"Umm Good Morning.. Who are you?" I didn't hesitate to ask.

"I'm Park Cheryl...I used to be the CEO of Oregan Pageant Company... but my son is the one taking over it."

"Wow.. so what brings you here?"

"We would like to hire you as one of our employees."

"MWO?!"

"I know this shocks you, but I'm not the one who recommended this." She then handed me a business calling card.

What would I be able to do in this company? I don't even have enough qualifications.

Before I could utter another word, the lady already stepped inside her car.

Then when I turned around, I was surprised to see Taehyung.

"So you're really going? I'm proud of you.. But just so you know.. we had to go back at the province."

"Tae.... this is an opportunity.. Who knows, this might be a way for me to help our families."

"Alright fine. It's your life anyway."

I watched him walk away.

He's like an older brother to me, he's protective and caring.

That's why I understand why he's like this.

Author's POV

Once again, Taehyung helped Jennie eventually.

The next morning...

He sent her to the company through a taxi.

As soon as Jennie arrived,

She smiled and closed her eyes.

Feeling the wind in her skin.

She continued walking until she reached the entrance and entered.

Jennie's POV

Ever since Jimin told me those words last night, I didn't care about the stares of the people as I stepped inside.

I walked up towards a girl in a counter.

She was chewing a gum and twirling her hair.

"What?" She asked as if she had no care at all.

"Ms. Park Cheryl... she invited me to work here."

"You? Are you sure you're not just one of those scammers?"

"No she's not." I turned to where the direction of the voice was.

And my heart started beating unusually.

It is him Park Jimin.

He was walking towards me, his hands on his pocket, and he was also eyesmiling.

To my surprise, he grabbed me by my arm and pulled me with him.

Author's POV

Jimin brought Jennie to his office.

At this time, both were already sitting across each other.

"Jennie Kim... I was the one who invited you in this company."

"What? So you're the son of---"

"Park Cheryl.. That's right."

"But...why me?"

Then Jimin leaned closer, standing and bending his body forward to me with the desk between us.

"Because I saw something special in you." He whispered

Jennie raised her eyebrows as to how upfront Jimin was.

"You saw something special in me? Look at me. I'm not even attractive."

Jimin stood up from his swivel chair and started to walk back and forth.

"Look, I don't mind if my personal assistant is just a girl with a deformed face. What's the big deal about it anyway?"

Jennie's POV

Okay this is weird, but at the same time I don't know why but Jimin's words had this kind of effect towards me.

It's comforting, as if I feel loved and accepted which is something I never got to experience.

"So what are you waiting for? Go water my office plants and arrange a meeting for me with chairman Goo."

I stood up from my seat and bowed down.

I've learned that it is not the compensation that motivates a person in the workplace.

It's the good and inspiring words of a true leader and CEO like Jimin.

His office plants was not inside his office but outside where there was a hallway.

I'm sure that the plants are here because there are a lot of them and it wouldn't fit in his office.

As I was busy sprinkling water on the plants I heard someone yelling.

I turned and saw a group of people shouting while being stopped by the security.

"WE DEMAND REGULARISATION OF EMPLOYMENT!" One lady shouted.

Then I saw Jimin, as usual he was walking casually with hands on his pocket.

"CEO NIM! WE ALSO DEMAND HIGH SALARY." The other lady said.

And the group of people protested in unison.

"The terms and conditions of your contract are enough to prove that you can't work here anymore." He said in his raised voice.

Then I saw a guy with a cap on, he was holding a white thing.

Is that an egg??

In the middle of my confusion, I was surprised to see the people finally throwing eggs at him

THIS IS A DISASTER.

Without hesitation, I ran towards
him and blocked the other thrown eggs making me get some yolk on my blouse.

Afterwards, I pulled him with me.

|end of Chapter |