{Chapter 9}

Jimin's POV

I'm sitting at my swivel chair, my thoughts are stuck as to where Jennie was..

She didn't showed up at lunch time yesterday and I waited for an hour.

She doesn't even answer any of my calls.

There is definitely something wrong..

I looked at the table and my eyes narrowed at a white envelope right in front of me..

Resignation letter--from Jennie Kim

I stood up from my seat grasping the envelope in my hand.

I ran around outside the office..

Did she really leave?

But why? All of a sudden?

Meanwhile at a mini fastfood chain....

Author's POV

"Keep up the good work okay?" A lady dressed in apron patted Jennie on the back.

Jennie was busy mopping the floor.

Then when the television turned on, she saw an advertisement relating to beauty pageant.

She stopped, and leaned on the mop with her hand.

Then her expressions changed when she saw the face of Jimin, smiling as being the owner of the company.

A girl stood up and stopped to look at her.

Then the girl looked back at the television.

"Tsk.. poor you. I bet it's only in your imagination that you could attend in these kinds of things. I mean... I think it's best if you adjust your face." The girl smirked before leaving Jennie feeling more down.

Jennie looked down, trying to stop her tears from falling.

Jennie's POV

That's okay Nini... you've been through a lot..

I kept telling myself those words.

But still it stabs me even more.

What did I do to deserve all of this?

I know that I'm ugly, but do people have to rub it in my face everytime?

Why do I feel rejected? Why is it always me?!

"You don't have to listen to the words of Mina.." My thoughts were interrupted when I heard a voice.

I looked up and a girl with blonde hair is smiling brightly at me.

"Who are you?" I asked her.

She pulled me by my arm as we both went outside the fastfood chain.

I'm worried since my manager would think that I'm slacking off, but what can I do?

"I am Park Chaeyoung... you can call me Rosé."

"Nice to meet you. I'm Jennie." I shyly replied

"I know you're feeling so down right now.. Don't worry, I feel the same. I used to be a former beauty pageant contestant at Oregan company.."

"But what happened?"

"All of a sudden.. They terminated my contract, saying they don't need me anymore. I didn't reach their standards."

"I'm sorry about that."

"But upon seeing your face awhile ago.. I thought that.. maybe I could help you reach your dreams.. and by doing so it's like you're also fulfilling my dream."

"And what do you mean by that?"

Rosé held both my hands.

"I'm going to help you Jennie.. so that you could attend the beauty pageant."

"But how?"

"Look... don't take this the wrong way but... you need to undergo face surgery."

"Mwo?"

"I know an expert.. and as for your clothes.. leave it all to me..I own 21 fashion boutique right across the street."

"Rosé... you don't have to do this.. I-.."

"Trust me Jennie... I want to help you."

I looked down, contemplating whether I'm going to accept what fate has brought to me or not.

As soon as looked up, Rosé's eyes was full of hope and anticipation.

In the midst of her sadness, I know that she's finding a hope.

Right now, I finally decide.

"Rosé, I'll accept your help."

"Really?"

"Yes."

She jumped happily while not letting go of my hands.. Then she embraced me.

Taehyung's POV

I was going to visit Jennie in the fastfood chain she was working at when I saw her hugging a girl.

Then she went back inside after hugging her.

I crossed the street, and my eyes widened when I saw who that girl was.

Now that I'm closer to her, I figured that she was the girl who cried at the alleyway.

She was standing and staring at me.

Now we're both facing each other.

"I found you again." A smile crept unto her face.

What is this? Why does it feel like she was looking for me?

Rosé's POV

My heart started to beat erratically upon seeing him.

I thought I'd never see him again, but it looks like this is a small world.

"What did you talk about with Jennie?"

Jennie? Does he know her?

"I'm going to help her attend the beauty pageant contest...she's going to have a face surgery."

"WHAT? You can't do that.. What gives you the right to do that?"

"It's what she wants."

I was surprised when he suddenly pulled me by my collar, our faces close to each other.

What is this look on his face? What is he to Jennie? Why is he so concerned?

"Stop that crap deal with her right now. We're going home to our province. Don't even plan that."

"Yah Tae! Stop that!" I saw Jennie running out from the fastfood chain and going towards us.

"Jennie... don't listen to this woman.. Let's just go home jebal?"

"Tae! It's my dream! It's my life! You promised not to nag me!"

I looked at Taehyung's firm grasp on my collar, then I swatted his arm away from me.

"I'm only giving her a chance. I can't believe you're getting so angry with me."

I walked away feeling so mad.

I can't believe this.. Here I am, wanting to meet him again and yet he's only getting mad at me.

Aish! bad jerk!

I stomped my foot angrily as I was walking.

|end of Chapter |