Change Of Plans

56 -

I knew the route, roughly. We'd to go through India Gate and then pass the Delhi border. I slept most of the time since I hadn't blinked an eye the entire night and almost half the day.

When I woke up we'd passed Ghaziabad and it was, 7 and the sky looked thriving. I guess, the sun just set.

But everyone else were sleeping and as I looked up, Darshan was hugging himself to the chest.

I fetched a overthrow, which I'd packed for situation like these. I covered him up and took Rudra's camera out of his hand and kept it on my seat.

Bunch of idiots.

Where's Dhruwal?

I walked upto the drivers' area and he was sitting next to Prakash Uncle.

"Dhruw", I called out and he turned around.

"You woke up?", he asked.

"Yeah, you didn't sleep?", I asked back.

"Somebody had to be up you know?", he vaguely gestured at Prakash uncle.

"I'm up, I'll be next to him for awhile. You nap meanwhile", I told him and he nodded getting up.

"Thanks Tara", he patted my shoulder walking past me while I sat on the conducter's seat next to Prakash uncle.

I was mostly looking outside since I just woke up and my head was legit hammered.

"So, uncle how long have you been driving this?", I randomly asked.

"Beta it's been 18 years", he warmly smiled at me.

"Woah", I exclaimed. "And how long will it take for us to reach Haridwar?", I asked him.

"Haridwar...around 3 more hours", he told me.

"Should we make a pit stop there?", I asked him.

"You can, it'll be also good that you guys get rest since everyone's been sleeping", he chuckled.

"Hmm, totally", I told him.

Around one hour later, I was hungry as hell and the last we all ate was in Mumbai and some snacks after. So, I'd asked Prakash uncle to stop at a Dhaba. (dhaba: not a very lavish and fancy restaurant, but like a resturant. Affordable with food you'd die for mostly)

"Yo, guys", I yelled. "Rudra", I kicked him at his leg.

"You've lost it man", he wrinkled his eyes, behaving as if he's grave hurt.

"Just get up", I ordered him.

"Nah, let me be", he slid his head on Darshan's shoulder and I smiled to myself.

Cute bunch of idiots.

"Move your ass now, Rudra", I shook him bad and he forcefully opened his eyes.

"What IS YOUR PROBLEM?", he eyed me.

"Dinner stop, let's have dinner. Get up and get out", I passed onto Jyugal.

"Jugni...Jugni", I shook him and he opened his eyes.

"Hmm?", he looked like he was lost.

"Dinner stop, wake Anu up", I told him and he nodded.

"Yashita", I patted her shoulder and she opened her eyes. "Wake Chinmay, dinner stop", I told her and she got up caressing her shirt.

"About time, I've never woke up starving", she said, shaking Chinu and I smiled.