Average One!

12 -

I haven't got a glare so hard since I lived with papa. Except occasionally from Tripti but let's get back to the glare.

"What you hate bookstores that much?", I asked.

"I ask you for a place to go where you have fun and you make me spent 30 minutes and petrol so that we can stand in front of a bookstore?", Darshan hissed.

This is heights of idiocy. Bookstores are as much fun as any other place in the world.

"Okay, hold that thought, we can go inside instead of standing in front of the bookstore if you stop giving me this look", I mocked and he glared me again. "People like me hangout at bookstores", I said in my defence.

"People like you? You wear shortest clothes available, moderate jewellery and you've a dark persnolity and I can't figure out how can this be your hangout spot", he argued, vaguely gesturing.

This was offensive. If I'm people like that the he also doesn't looks like the type to hangout at H&M, Zara outlets but he does.

"You also hangout in outlets and that doesn't justifies your I'm heartbroken so I'm on the mission on saving the world by writing ballads about it kind of personality", I rolled my eyes. O

"That was offensive", he hissed.

"So was your statement", I retorted.
"Just because I dress up like 'I've a dark personality' which according to you I do on purpose doesn't mean that I am not allowed to like books or bookstores", I shrugged, walking in.

"They are just visually aesthetic and literally boring", Darshan complained as he followed me.

"Textbooks boring, novels no", I walked past the newly arrived corner.

"That's highly your opinion. In my opinion it's just words. Like words. And those heavy pages and books make you sleep", Darshan commented slyly.

"That's your opinion", I repeated him.

"You read?", he asked me and I stopped to give a look to him.

"Why else I would be here?", I took out a book, turning it back to read its description. "All the great movies are based on books", I stated.

"Oh, really like?", Darshan leaned on the shelf.

"3 Idiots", I moved to another aisle.

"NOWAY", he almost yelled and I widened my eyes.

"Shush", I told him. "Yes way", I whispered.

"No way it's based on a book", Darshan softly whispered.

"Even Sanam Teri Kasam", I told him and he threw his hands in the air.

"Am I ancient or what?", he dramatically exclaimed.

"You're just dumb", I passed him a book from the classic's.

"Give me more", Darshan asked sarcastically.

"Devdas, Saawariyan, Kai Po Che, Aisha, Lootera, Tere Mere sapne, Noor, Haider", I spoke whatever came trough my head that I remembered.

I'd vast knowledge of cinema and other useless stuff.

"You're telling me that 'Tere Mere Sapne' is based on one of these", he held up a random book and I sightly nodded taking out what I needed to buy. "Oh my god, noway! No way", he rested his hands on his waist.

"Yes way", I enjoyed his shock. "And that's just the Indian movies", I told him. "Like, there's more foreign films based on books", I continued.

"My whole childhood was a lie", Darshan dramatically set a face. "Like, tere mere sapne is based on a book and I wasn't aware. How?", he continued. "Also, how do you know all this?", Darshan asked suddenly.

"I study films", I said.

"I thought you just shoot and learn production", Darshan assumed.

"There's always theory Raval. Always", I looked at him.

"And you like it?", he asked, as we walked to the billing counter.

"Of course, I do! It obviously is boring but then you study the greatest climax in history", I looked at him.

"Sholay", Darshan replied and I nodded, cheerfully.

"It's like the best climax to exist, full offense to Hollywood. You just cannot beat it. The whole movie in fact", I reviewed.

"You know the scene where Hema Ji goes behind the temple to meet Veeru", he smiled.

"That was as romantic as it was funny", I added.

"We'll watch it together soemtime", he told me.

"Yo, done", I counted my books. "Hey, I gave you a book where'd it go?", I asked as the girl behind the counter looked at us.

"I kept it somewhere", Darshan's mouth twisted.

"We'll be back", I smiled at the girl behind the counter and she nodded. "That was literally the last copy in the shelf Darshan and you just kept it somewhere, what are you an idiot? Why am I asking you're", I added.

"It's the effect of the company I've been indulging in these past days, how can I blame myself", Darshan scoffed. "Which book was it?", he asked.

"Oh, you didn't even see the tittle, wow!", I clapped for him, sarcastically.

"I thought you gave it to me to keep it aside", he suggested.

"Gatsby Raval", I told him, searching for the book ignoring the conflict.

"You haven't read it? Were you searching for it since a while?", Darshan shot questions.

"I've read it a million times, I was buying it for you", I said and he turned around to walk away. I held his wrist.

"Drop it, I'm telling you I won't read it", he declared in a grave way.

"Shut it, okay?", I looked around. "What I can't gift you a book", I said.

"A teddy bear would be useful instead of a book, I swear", he declared.

"At least I won't have any doubts that I didn't tried to get you to read", I pushed a smile but he still looked unconvinced.

Suddenly my eyes hit the poetry collection and I recognized one of the books by Audre Lorde. I held it out and sat on the  floor opening it and flipping the pages. Searching for the right one. This, this is the one.

"If you come as softly as wind within the trees, you may hear what I hear see what sorrow see", I read and he sat beside me.

"If you come as lightly as threading dew I will take you gladly nor ask more of you", I read, he slid his head on my shoulder.

"You may sit beside me silent as a breath, only those who stay dead shall remember death", I spoke.

"And if you come I'll be silent nor speak harsh words to you. I will not ask why, now. Or how or what you do", I continued.

"We shall sit here softly, beneath two differ years, and the rich earth between us shall drink our tears - Audre Lorde", I finished and snapped the book shut.

We sat there still for five minutes until he spoke, "If that was the tactic it worked. I'll try but no promises, cool", he said slowly, almost a whisper.

"You did good, you heard the poem and didn't yawned", I softly mocked and I heard the sound of his smile.

"I can hear you speak, even for hours but the moment I've to read well lets nap", Darshan said. "If you and I were bears maybe we could hibernate together", he joked.

"If you and I were bears, you'd definitely be an average one", I got up, smiling and he threw this look at me. "So, I'd find myself someone else", I walked away.

We found Gatsby and after I paid for the books I gifted him that and we'd a nice conversation until he dropped me but is everything that peaceful?

Oh boy, it's my life.

-

This one's a little small, I know. Be patient! ;)