New Day, New Life

38 -

It was weird.

I shouldn't have told him what I told him.

I'll spent the rest of my life trying to avoid myself getting this mentioned ever.

I was driving the scooty and Darshan was behind me, holding onto me tight.

My phone rung out of nowhere with the 'Na Re Na Re Nara NaRa Na Na Na Na Re' tune and I pressed my lips.

Why did I change my ringtone ever?

"Take out my phone Darshan", I pointed at my pocket as I took a sharp right turn, passing over Iskon temple.

His hand glided in my pocket gently and I felt a weird feeling tingling inside my stomach. This guy sure turns me on.

"Nivs with a globe emoticon", he said.

Wow, she herself changes the pig emoticon to the globe emoticon.

"Consider that globe a pig, answer it", I ordered Darshan and he answered it keeping it on speaker as I've already broken one phone by trying to answer while driving the scooty.

"How was it, lion?", she asked, excitedly.

"You so knew it was going to be Tushar?", I asked her. Bitch.

"I heard Tushar Arora and I snapped. I so knew it was him but then I didn't say anything. Did you've fun? And c'mon he's so hot", she said.

"I'd fun. I'm going to reject him for sure", I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah, yeah you rejected Darshan Raval! An ordinary Tushar just won't do right?", she sarcastically brushed and I could feel Darshan's smile.

"Yeah whatever", I tried to ignore it.

"Yeah whatever what? You're going to tell him if things go sideways right?", she asked me.

Oh, shit!

No Nivs no, don't bring it up.

Oh my god.

"Hey, Nivi um Pintu Ko Pani Pilaya?", I used the code phrase we both use to avoid the ongoing conversation.

"Ha na pilaya", she replied. Shit, she's taking revenge because I got her in mess earlier today. "So, will you tell him then that you missed your period?", she asked me.

Dang, there it was!

"Yes I'll let him know", I said.

I didn't wanted to face Darshan ever.

I wanted a hole in the earth and us to fall in it.

"Okay, by the way I called because get Black Current and then come home. If you come without the ice cream, don't come at all", she hung up.

Darshan quietly slid my phone back in the pocket.

"I was going to tell you", I told him.

"NO, you weren't", he said.

"I swear, I was", I insisted.

I wasn't going to tell him ever.

"Of course, you weren't going to tell me at all", he said. "Stop lying, Vaid", he said forcing me to shut up. "What are you going to do with this?", he asked, fumbling.

"Abort it in a heartbeat, you ass. What else? Do you want to take care of a baby in your early 20s?", I asked him.

"Hey! Talk nicely okay? It's a baby, have some shame", he scolded me.