~team effort~

This one-shot, unlike the last one, takes place outside of the storyline. The events in the one-shot do not take place in the main fanfiction in any way. It's just something I wrote on the side.

(Karl POV)

There are so many people. More people than I thought would show up. 

It's day one of our new LGBTQIA+ Club, where members of the LGBTQ+ community and allies alike can come and hang out. There's games and snacks, and books for sale. There are so many people with pronoun/sexuality stickers emblazoned on their clothing.

I love it.

Nick pulls me into his side and kisses the top of my head. We both have "he/him" pronoun stickers and a bi flag sticker on our shirts. The only difference is I have an ace flag as well.

"This looks great," he whispers. "You did a great job." I roll my eyes and scribble something down in my communication notebook. 

It was a team effort.

"I think you lead that team though," he says teasingly. 

"Excuse me," someone says, "are you the one who organized this?" The person standing in front of me has curly brown hair that goes down to their jaw with a plastic crown sitting on top of their head. Their pronoun sticker reads "any pronouns :)" and they have a bi flag on their shirt. 

"Our friend group organized it, technically," Nick says. I nod in agreement.

"Well, it looks great," they say. "I had no idea there were this many LGBTQ students here." 

I know, right? I scrawl out and lift my book so they can read it. They giggle.

"I'm Eret by the way." They stick out their hand. I take it and pump it. Nick's mom has been giving me handshake lessons for some reason.

"Nice to meet you, Eret," Nick says, shaking their hand as well. 

"Uh, I don't mean to make you uncomfortable in any way, but are you two dating?" they ask. 

Nick laughs loudly. "Yes, we are," he replies. Eret nods. 

"You two make a cute couple." They wink and walk off. 

I like them, I write. Nick smiles. "Me too."

(Nick POV)

Karl tucks his notebook under his arm as three girls come up to us. 

"Hi. We're Niki, Puffy, and Minx. We just wanted to thank you for making a safe space for LGBTQ people at this school," a petite blond girl says. She has a bi flag. 

"Yeah, this looks sick," a girl with brown curls compliments. She too has a bi flag.

"Thanks," I say. "How are you enjoying it so far?"

"Not enough alcohol," the last girl says. She has dark lavender hair and a pansexual flag. I can't help but start laughing at her remark. 

"I agree," I joke. Karl slaps my chest and grins at the girls. 

"Bye!" The girls say before walking off to go talk to two boys holding hands with gay flags on their chests. 

"How many people have come up to you guys?" I jump at Dream's voice behind me. I turn around, already glaring at him.

"Too many," I deadpan. Karl smiles and nods. 

"Two guys who had strange names came up to us. They said they were 'our biggest fans' since we came out three years ago," George says. I smirk and glance at Karl. His nose is curled up and he's frowning.

"I think they have competition." I nod towards Karl, which makes Dream and George burst out laughing. 

"I'm a lesbian!" A masculine voice yells out. A tall, lanky blonde boy with an ally flag sticker runs towards us, followed by an ever taller, lankier brunet boy and a shorter brunet boy, both with ally flags.

"Oi, bitches! Did you make this?" the blond asks. Karl flinches a bit, hiding behind me. 

"Tommy, shut up! You're scaring him!" the shortest boy exclaims. 

"Oh. Sorry, man," the boy, Tommy, says to Karl. Karl peeks out from behind me. 

"Uh, hi," the tallest boy says. "We're allies. I'm Ranboo, this is Tubbo and Tommy." 

"Hi, guys!" George says excitedly. "You're the first allies we've met so far."

"I'm not just an ally. I'm lesbian!" Tommy shouts. Next to his "he/him" pronouns and ally sticker is indeed a lesbian flag.

"And how did you come to that conclusion?" I challenge.

"I love girls!"

"Are you a girl then?"

"I am a big man."

"Then you're straight. Because technically, a lesbian is a girl who loves girls."

"Just let him have it," the short boy, Tubbo, says. I roll my eyes, but shut up. 

Tommy runs off, yelling "I'm a lesbian!" while his friends try to shut him up.

"He seems exhausting," Dream half-groans, and walks off. George follows eagerly. 

~~

(Karl POV)

I don't even know how many people came up to me. Most of them have blurred together at this point. But a few have stuck to me. So many people were so grateful that we made a safe space for people to be themselves, to love who they want. I'm so happy that we did that for them.

"That was so fun!" Bad exclaims as he sweeps another abandoned pronoun sticker into the trash. 

"Who knew there were so many closeted people at this school?" Skeppy thinks out loud.

"Obviously not us," Nick jokes.

"Duh," George mutters.

"Well, I had fun. I can't wait for next week." Dream says happily. 

Next week we're doing more. 

I can't wait either.

Word Count 904

~A/N~

just a little gay oneshot for u, there u go

hah, i was planning to publish this tmr, but we hit 5K so fast, (tysm ily <33333) so it's here now :DDDDDD

edit 04/11/22: @beeneedsabetterlife commented on this story previously, bringing up the fact Karl is on the ace spectrum, which I forgot about. So I'm updating this oneshot so it includes Karl's asexuality (yes, he's also asexual in the rest of the story. Yes, he will be in the sequel too. Yes, there will be a sequel. It's brought up after the oneshots). ANYWAYS. Karl has an ace flag on his shirt throughout this oneshot.