𝐢.Sisters in Adversity

March, 1927

March, 1927

   "SON OF A BLUDGER!"

   Circe Dalton curses loudly, swinging her arm to cast a protection charm before her, several curses flying her way. She shields her eyes with her other hand, unable to see properly as a burst of light has blown up in her face after a vial of Sunburst Potion had been thrown.

   If anything, at least she has partial proof that the Dalton brothers are not guilty of selling the potion, as The Chemist has not sold a single vial in months. They stopped production of it after the Dalton brothers were imprisoned in Azkaban and the Ministry forbade them from doing so anyway. Plus, the most important part of it all — the Dalton brothers are in Azkaban, thus unable to sell anything, really.

   Still, the Head of Magical Law Enforcement seems to think that the Daltons are dealing with Grindelwald's acolytes either way, closely watching the shop and the rest of the Daltons.

   It isn't very hard to lose the Aurors sent after them, however. Which might make Circe look slightly, or more than slightly, suspicious, but she's always been. Especially after she let her mouth run with all of the negative things she had to say about the Ministry of Magic. It's a system that favours the fortunate; she's tired of it.

   Once the light dissipates and Circe is able to see clearly, nobody is in the abandoned factory anymore. She was so lucky to find a few of Grindelwald's supporters, following them outside of London; and she blew her chance at getting to even one of them.

   All because she tripped and made her presence known to them. (And she's not even a generally clumsy person!)

   The worst part of it all is that she didn't even know half of the people present. So, she's pretty much back to zero in her search for Grindelwald's acolytes after blowing this.

   Actually, no, it's not the worst part about the situation.

   When Circe spares a look at her wristwatch, she notices it's past three o'clock in the afternoon, meaning she's late.