𝐱𝐱𝐢.Good and Evil

December, 1929

December, 1929

   CIRCE WALKS WITH PURPOSE.

   Theseus trails right behind her, unwilling to let her walk the dark streets of London alone. He knows that she is more than capable of taking care of herself, but it would not stop him from worrying about her. Not when they'd finally admitted their feelings to each other, and not after Longbottom informed them about Grindelwald's very possible presence in London.

   It's been two years, but Theseus still remembers that Grindelwald wanted to kill Circe. If it weren't for Holden and Leta ...

   The Dalton witch stops before the entrance to The Chemist. A sigh leaves her lips as she gathers the courage to enter and inform her father that Aera Dalton might be in London. And despite Aera's support of Grindelwald, Circe knows that her mother loves her father. Which means she could possibly attempt to visit him, whether he'd like it or not. Though Circe knows that her father misses Aera.

   She may have been a shit mum, but she wasn't a shit wife.

   Theseus reaches for Circe's hand, squeezing it in support. She turns to him and smiles gratefully.

   "It's gonna be fine. You just have to tell your dad the truth."

   Circe exhales. Nodding, she puts her hand on the handle of the entrance door to her family's shop. She walks inside, hearing the all-familiar bell ring, and expects one of the Dalton brothers — preferably her father — or either one of her cousins to walk to the front.

   They don't.

   Silence engulfs the two Aurors. Circe bites the inside of her cheek, her heartbeat rising and colour draining from her cheeks as worry takes over her entire body. Her heart beats like a drum in her ears. She looks back at Theseus, whose expression is as concerned as Circe's.

   The sign on the door read OPEN. Something is wrong.

   The Aurors both pull out their wands before moving forward.