𝐱𝐯.Welcome Home, Theseus

October, 1927

October, 1927

   CIRCE STAYS AT DALTON MANOR.

   She has been staying there for a few weeks now with her mother gone. She took the opportunity to look through Aera's things to see whether there would be anything that could possibly help with an investigation into acolytes besides the fact that Circe has successfully identified both her mother and Vinda Rosier.

   When Circe got home from Paris, her first stop was Dalton Manor. She searched every nook and cranny for any secret cabinets or rooms within the house. The only room she found, however, was the one where her mother had been making Sunburst Potion.

   Scylla didn't understand Circe at first, berating her for making a mess of the house, but she shut up the moment everything was explained to her. How it was their mother who was helping Grindelwald and his followers. It was their mother's fault that their father was in Azkaban.

   She's with Grindelwald now, Merlin knows where. They have Queenie and Credence, too.

   Circe let Nagini stay with her and Scylla at Dalton Manor. She couldn't bring herself to let the Maledictus woman go off into the world alone, when she had no means of protection.

   Scylla refused to accept the truth about their mother the first week of Circe being at Dalton Manor and Aera nowhere to be found. But, eventually, as posters of their mother, Vinda Rosier and Grindelwald were hung around London and perhaps the entire world, she finally understood.

   She even started to be nicer to Circe. Her demeanour toward her older sister changed now that their mother was gone. Scylla realised that the main reason she'd always hated Circe was because their mother kept comparing her to her older sister. But she was gone now, and Scylla hadn't heard a single comparison.

   Of course, she could hardly rid herself of the mindset that she was brought up in — constantly living in Circe's shadow — but she was trying her best not to see the worst in her older sister merely because people kept telling her that Circe was always the best at nearly everything she did.