𝐢𝐯.Something Brewing

April, 1927

April, 1927

   "I HATE PEOPLE."

   Julie Davies rolls her eyes, glaring at a nearby group of people who started whispering instantly upon the sight of Circe Dalton. Being a childhood friend of Circe, she is quite defensive of her. They spent seven years at a dorm together, in most of their classes as well, and if it weren't for Newt Scamander and Minerva McGonagall's acquaintance, Julie would say that she and Circe spent every living and breathing second of their time at Hogwarts by each other's side.

   "Oh, but they're not all so bad," says Gwynevere Lovegood, shrugging. Another one of Circe's Hogwarts friends. She, too, shared a dorm room with Circe and Julie. "You need to learn how to pay them no mind."

   "Or, you could own what they're saying about you," Phoenix Kingsley suggests, glancing at Circe. He's a friend the Dalton woman has made through Julie, since he's a professional quidditch player (a Chaser for Puddlemere United) and her friend is a quidditch journalist. But, he was also a year above them at Hogwarts, a Slytherin. Julie merely didn't like him at the time, since he was on the rival quidditch team. "Labels and all, sometimes it's easier to just accept them."

   The Dalton woman rolls her eyes. "If I become what they think I am, I'll end up locked up in Azkaban next to my family, you stupid git. I don't need to be seen as some evil bloody witch."

   "Brain, Nick, you have it, don't you?" asks Julie with her eyebrow raised at the Chaser.

   Phoenix deadpans, blankly staring at Julie and Circe. "You Ravenclaws really love to think you're smarter than everyone, huh?"

   "No," Circe shakes her head. "Just smarter than you."

   Gwynevere giggles, nodding.

   "All of them think Circe's evil because of what people who went to school with us are saying," Julie huffs, annoyed.

   "You mean her history of turning people into animals makes her inherently evil?" asks Phoenix obviously, chuckling. "Welcome to the club, then. I'm a Slytherin. I've always been evil."