Prologue

The girl stood amongst the flames and the mud, shocked at all the destruction. She never knew this event would end like this. The fourth holy grail war has come to a close, but was this really it?

The winner of the war was the Archer servant. Was this his wish? Or his master's?

She looked down at her feet, they were submerged in the mud from the grail. She'd been wading through the mud in search of survivors. Could she ever be prepared for what was about to happen? Obviously not.

She brought her hands up to her view. Usually her palms were covered by her gloves, however this wasn't the case. The palms of her gloves were torn, revealing the black holes on the palms of her hands.

These black holes were the result of her absorption magic. She has had that magic since she was born. She hated it. She could only kill mages if she touched them. She hated that.

She could tell she didn't have much longer with control over her magic.

Tears slipped from her eyes as thoughts of how this event would end filled her head. She could save people, all she had to do was eliminate the problem. She knew what she had to do.

She brought her hands up to her face. Fear flooded her eyes as she knew what she was going to put herself through. She knew, if she did this, there was no turning back.

She felt the mana slipping out of her body through her eyes and mouth. Her body began to collapse in on itself, and it hurt. Her life was fading.

Her body fell but instead of making contact with the mud beneath her, she landed in a pair of strong arms.

"No! No no no no! Anatu! I just found you, you can't leave me again! Please don't leave me! Don't leave me alone!" She weakly looked up at the man. She could only see the colours of this man. She saw his golden hair and ruby eyes but that was it.

She was unable to see the way his face contorted with sorrow. She felt his tears drip into her face. She knew he was crying.

 Within those few seconds, everything disappeared. She couldn't see the man holding her, she couldn't feel him or his tears nor could she hear his voice. Everything was dark. At this moment she knew she was dead.

AN: The picture at the top of the page, is the girl in this chapter.

Thank you for reading.