Chapter 10

The day was nearing its end, the sun was slowly descending signalling the beginning of the night. The group sat around the church, their minds lingering on all of their problems.

"I can't believe what he did. He killed Illyasviel." Shirou spoke.

"And he forced Dualer to help him." Daiki continued.

"Well maybe he didn't force her." Rin spoke, not completely reading the room.

"What? Are you saying Dualer wanted to kill Illyasviel?" Daiki glared at Rin.

"I'm just saying, it didn't look like he was missing any command seals. So she must have done this willingly." She spoke, closing her eyes.

"Well now we're down some real powerhouses. There's no way we can take out Caster, Archer and Saber. Especially since Berserker is dead and all we have is Assassin." Shirou sighed.

"Let's think, who's died? Rider and Berserker. Caster has ownership of Saber and Archer. That leaves Dualer and Lancer. Dualer was taken by that Gilgamesh guy. That just leaves Lancer." Daiki counted on his fingers.

"That might work, Lancer is part of the three knight classes. He is one of the strongest servants in the war." Rin contemplated.

"Good plan. Now what's the plan to find him, we don't even know who his master is." Shirou Piped up.

"Here's a plan. You Don't, he finds you." A voice said as Lancer appeared behind the group. 

"Lancer!?" The trio exclaimed.

"You seriously lost your servants?" Lancer laughed as he noticed the missing presence of Archer, Saber and Dualer.

"Caster took Archer and Saber. And someone else took Dualer." Daiki explained.

"Oh yeah. That's what happened the other day." He suddenly remembered the events that transpired at the church.

"Wait you know what happened to Dualer?" Shirou asked.

"Yeah, this kid showed up with Dualer in his arms. Turns out she broke her back. Next thing I know, he's runnin' out without his precious servant." Lancer smirked.

"You really think it was Daiki's fault he lost Dualer? No! It's not he took her to the church to get her back healed, that guy took her by force!" Shirou explained.

"Like I said to her, it was her fault she ended up like that. A woman should have never joined a man's fight." Lancer said.

"What's that supposed to mean? Are you saying Dualer isn't a capable fighter?" Rin spoke, offended on Dualer's behalf.

"Well clearly so if she broke her back. She was the one who decided to become a hero." Lancer retorted.

"We shouldn't argue like this. Lancer, we would like your help in getting Saber and Archer back, right now they're our top priority. Will you help us?" Daiki asked the bluenette.

"Sure. Why not? My master ordered me to help ya out anyway." He shrugged.

"Really? Like that? No shady deals?" Rin asked sceptically. Lancer just smirked at her comment.

"What? You wanna owe me a favour?" he questioned, a sly grin spread across his face.

"Hell no I don't!" Rin yelled, clearly offended at what Lancer could have implied.

"Why don't we all go somewhere and discuss a plan to get Archer and Saber back? And maybe move swiftly off from this current conversation?" Daiki suggested awkwardly.