Chapter 17

"I am the bone of my sword.
Steel is my body and fire is my blood.
I have created over a thousand blades.
Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.
Have withstood pain to create many weapons.
Yet these hands shall never hold anything.
So as I pray, Unlimited Blade Works." He chanted.

The space around them began to change into that of a desolate wasteland covered in swords. The sky was cloudy with what appeared to be gears amongst the clouds. The group stood in the center of the new world.

"This is my noble phantasm, Unlimited Blade Works." Archer picked up one of the swords as Shirou did too.

"Lets do this." The ginger spoke.

The two launched at each other, slashing their swords as Rin, Daiki, Saber and Coco stood helplessly. Three of them expressed concern for the boy, but one didn't.

Coco's face, for once, was stern as she watched the two fight. Were they evenly matched? Did he realise what she did? Only one way to find out.

The battle raged on as both boys began to bleed. Shirou panted as blood dripped from his head.

"Now, give up. Your death will be a lot less painful if you do." Archer spoke.

"Never. I WILL NEVER GIVE UP! ESPECIALLY TO THE LIKE OF YOU!" Shirou yelled as he swung one last time.

"You cannot win in my reality marble!" Archer declared.

"Then I'll just make it my own! I am the bone of my sword!" He began as he continued to slash at the servant.

"Steel is my body and fire is my blood!
I have created over a thousand blades!
Unknown to death!
Nor known to life!
Have withstood pain to create many weapons!
Yet these hands shall never hold anything!
So as I pray! UNLIMITED BLADE WORKS!" Half of the landscape began to change. The gears disappeared and that half became brighter compared to Archer's half.

"Did he just use a noble phantasm!?" Rin yelled, surprised at what she just witnessed.

"Was this-" Daiki started.

"His true power. Exactly like Big Sister said." Coco finished. Her expression was still serious as she watched the fight. Saber looked at her.

"I don't think I've ever seen you look so serious. It's nice that you have such a serious side, but remember you're still a child. Don't let the world's burdens fall on your shoulders." She spoke, giving the child a kind smile.

The child looked at the blonde and gave her a small smile.

"Big sister gave me this big job. It's such a big responsibility and I don't wanna mess it up. You understand that, right Saber? You had such a big responsibility on your shoulders at a young age." Coco said.

"So you know my true name? Does that mean Dualer knows it too?" Saber asked.

"She's known for ten years. But you don't need to worry, she's not going to use her knowledge of you to win. She said she'd reveal who she was to make it an even fight between you two." Coco commented.

"I see. So she plans on us two being the final two? What about Gilgamesh?" Saber questioned.

"She said she's gonna let her 'Champions' deal with him. She said she'd try her best to help. But he said he's not going to use any command seals on her. At least not to fight." She clarified.

The battle between Shirou and Archer continued as the manoeuvred between Archer's half of the reality marble and Shirou's half. Their swords clanging as the hit one another. They has been in a cycle of loosing their swords and picking up new ones. Just as it seemed that the battle would last infinity, Shirou created a new weapon.