Chapter 9

The trio stood in the forest outside the Einzbern mansion, staring at the building ahead of them.

"So I take it, Caster took Archer too?" Daiki spoke solemnly, his eyes cast down to the ground.

"Unfortunately yes. Stupid Servant. I didn't need him anyway." Rin grinded her teeth.

"So Daiki, who was it you wanted us to meet anyway?" Shirou asked, trying to swiftly change the subject before things got out of hand.

"My new servant, Assassin." He spoke as Assassin appeared beside him.

"How did you get your hands on Assassin!? I thought he was Caster's servant!" Shirou spoke in surprise. Daiki pulled the rainbow dagger out of his pocket and showed it to the pair.

"I stole this from Gilgamesh." Daiki explained. Shirou's eyes widened as he glanced at the weapon.

"Caster used that on Saber and Archer! But how did this Gilgamesh guy have it?" 

"That is Caster's Noble Phantasm, Rule Breaker." Assassin spoke up, pointing at the dagger.

"But why would he have it? It's not his Noble Phantasm. And what purpose would he need it for?" Rin asked.

"Well whatever it's purpose was, it certainly involved Dualer." Daiki spoke.

"So what's the plan to get Illiyasviel on our side?" Daiki asked.

"We're gonna beat the hell out her and then demand for her assistance." The brown haired female explained determinedly.

"First of all: What about Berserker?" Shirou asked.

"Second of all: Did it not cross your mind to be a little more, I don't know, polite? Like 'Hey Illiasviel, we lost our servants to Caster would you be so kind as to help us get them back?'" Daiki finished.

"Neither of those thoughts crossed my mind. Because they're ridiculous!" Rin lectured.

"Well, she Would be more inclined to help us if we're nice to her. Not everyone prefers violence like you, Rin." Shirou uttered.

"I believe they've disabled their traps to let us in, master." Assassin spoke as he noticed the traps being deactivated. 

"This must mean,  they know we're here." Rin concluded.

"Do you think we should head down to them? I mean it would be rude to keep them waiting when they disabled their traps." Shirou asked. Daiki just walked off towards the mansion, with Assassin trailing behind him. Shirou and Rin ran to catch up to the brown haired male.

"Um Daiki, you ok dude? Somethin' you wanna talk about?" Shirou asked. Daiki didn't respond. 

"What happened to him? And why does he have Assassin." Rin asked.

"Remember how Dualer broke her back fighting Kuzuki? Apparently something happened and Daiki lost her." Shirou respnded, causing Daiki to stop.

"Look, I don't wanna talk about Dualer. We need to keep moving." He said, walking again.

*      *      *

The trio reached the mansion but what they saw, they never could have expected. In the garden, two women lay in pools of their own blood. They seemed to be dressed as maids, just not the traditional maids. (Liz and Stella)

From first glance, it was clear that they were murdered. Before they could investigate further, loud noises were heard from inside the mansion. They each looked at each other before running inside.