No where was safe

I furrowed my eyebrows, "excuse me?", I asked the man and he rolled his eyes, "what? Have you gone deaf? I'm your papa, thee one and only Carlos Rivera but I've tooken up the nickname Pistol", he said and I shook my head, "your my dad? Wait..... Carlos?", I swallowed a big lump in my throat as a memory lingered in the back of my head. "You know how much bullshit I had to go through for you Carlos! I told you I'm done with your shit". Those were my mother's words when she was talking to the man that killed her. "Yes, yes, how many times do I have to say it? Carlos Rivera", the man looked at me up and down, "my, my, my, you've become a beautiful young lady Skylar, too bad--", "Skylar run! (Cough)You run right (cough) now, he's going to kill you!", I looked down on the floor seeing blood spill from Pace's mouth as he tried to alert me. Bang. I screamed again then started crying as I felt Pace's blood on my cheeks, I turned around to run to Alex then I froze, "Alex get up!", I shouted slapping him. I thought I he only landed on his knees but instead he passed out, he had habit of that. "Ah shutup niya!", my so called dad said. He pulled my hair and that's when I knew that this man was certainly my mother's killer. "Juan where's the helicopter?!", he asked one of his guards. "On the roof sir", the guard retorted. Carlos pulled me up by my hair and kissed my cheek, "aw niya don't cry, let me be a father for this moment because this will be the last time", he said with a crooked smile then he led me to the other staircase while a guard put Alex over his shoulder. "Let her go!", a voice said behind us when we were half way up the stairs. It was Jeremy. "Jeremy!", I yelled. "You let her go right now Carlos we've got the whole area surrounded", Jeremy said while pointing a gun at us, my so called 'dad' had me in front of him as a shield because he and I knew that Jeremy wouldn't shoot me. "Jeremy help me please", I cried which earned me another pull on my hair and a shutup. "Listen this is my daughter so I can do whatever the hell I want with her", Carlos said with chuckles at the end of his sentence. "Oh so now she's your daughter all of a sudden, don't you just need those kids so you can kill them!", Jeremy shouted and my heart stopped. Wait wasn't Pace set out to kill us or did Alex lie? No Alex wouldn't lie to me but Uncle Patrick would. I don't get it nothing's adding everything's jumbled in my mind and everyone's keeping stuff from me. "Oh son you just want a big medal on trying to take me in, that's estupid. You want money? If not I can just kill you instead", Carlos said in a sly voice. "Shut your mouth you just want to use them so you won't die before your little war starts, tell me, how did you plant 2,000 nuclear bombs across the U.S. without ever being caught? It took you 17 years, didn't it?", Jeremy asked trying to buy some time. 2,000 bombs? How and why? I wanted to ask so much questions but I'm in a sticky situation right now. Alex is 17. "Listen you don't really care about thos situation, do you Jeremy L. Williams?", my dad said in a low husky voice, "shut the fuck up!", Jeremy growled back but then my father started to laugh then he aimed his gun at Jeremy, "listen boy we all know that you killed your own father and came here from orders from Pace, or shall I say your uncle?", Carlos asked. Jeremy's gun started a rattle and Kay looked away while hearing the story. "You knew all about my life and my kids from head to toe. You only need money for your mother to live, she has a weak heart, doesn't she? You better run along home before she faints from lifting a finger", he said and Jeremy began to sweat. Jeremy has been.. stalking us? This was way too confusing. "If I give them to you, all you're going to do is let them rot. You only care about having me dead but then when I'm gone you'll just dispose of them, right?", he asked chuckling. "No Jeremy will never do that, he'd never hurt me. Leave him al--", "shutup Sky!". The corridor we were in got quiet when Jeremy told me to shutup. "Jeremy?", I whispered and he had his head down. Kay shook her head as if she were sorry. "You want the truth Skylar, huh? Well here's the truth. After 17 years of bombing Carlos Rivera was losing blood, he couldn't have a blood doner because no one else had the same blood as him until you and your brother were rumored to have blood type -O. Pace is my uncle and after we found out this information we were sent to take you, your mother, and Alex into our custody but we arrived too late for your mom. We knew that if we had you both in our possession then Carlos couldn't set off the world bombs he's implanted, but not by himself, but with an organization in Mexico. We knew that if those bombs went off then it'd create havoc so we tried to negotiate with your father so that he wouldn't set them off. The bombs for you both, the officer that either closes the deal or takes Carlos in gets a load of an reward and in my mother's condition I need that right now", he said breathing heavily. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "We were told to kill you both Sky because we were getting no where with them but we couldn't, I couldn't. Sky I- I fell in love with you, I don't want to hurt you I swear I don't, I wish we could've been together but... we can't", as he said those words my heart broke, "I can't help with who you are, you're evil. It can't be helped so I'm sorry.", he whispered shaking his head. "No...", I whispered, "no, no, no!", I started getting louder and my dad pulled my hair again but I didn't care, "you're lying! Jeremy you're lying! Kay tell me that he's lying!","Skylar cut it out, I'm sorry but it's the truth. We just needed to use you guys to take him down and when the mission was accomplished then we wouldn't have no other choice but to imprison you both just in case and if you were to restain then we have the right to kill you", Kay said plainly. "Kay fuck you! Stop talking bullshit and help me out", I yelled. "I'm sorry Sky! But...", Kay shouted at me,"we have to kill you all". She was bluffing, she had to have been. Bang. I looked at my blood scattered on the floor as Jeremy shot me.