Goodbye Alex

I opened my eyes and coughed holding onto my leg. I hissed at the pain but made an effort to stand up. I looked around and I couldn't bare what I saw. Bodies. Bodies everywhere and I smelt fire like a bomb was set off. Alex?!?! "Alex!!", I yelled and limped around fire and debris trying to find him then I froze and felt a enormous lump in my throat as I saw Alex on the floor in a ocean of blood. "ALEX!" I yelled as I got on a knee and tried to put pressure on his wound. It was a bullet lodged in his lung and the wound wouldn't stop bleeding. Tears formed into my eyes, "don't worry Alex we're gonna get you outta here, okay?!?! Do you hear me, Alex say something please", I cried but he kept on coughing up blood. He smiled, "Sky you're so beautiful", then tears came out of his eyes. Alex never cries. "Sky I'm (cough) I'm sorry that I wasn't a good (cough) big (deep breath) brother. Sky I swear to God (cough) I love you", he kept smiling, coughing, and crying. My mouthed was gapped slightly opened and i was shivering, "Alex what are you saying? Stop please stop", I cried. "Sky you want you to be (cough) strong, don't you love me?", he asked wearily, "Alexander Rivera don't start talking like you're giving up on me", I said trying to put the weapon belt on his wound for pressure but I was afraid to touch it. "Sky say it back", he commanded. "Alex-", "Sky", he cut me off and stared into my eyes. I shook my head and held his hand, "Alex I love you", I said and I put emotion on every word. He smiled and it faded, "you need to get out of here", he said and I immediately denied what he was saying. "Sky stop being so stubborn and listen to me please!" He tried to shout but ended up having a coughing fit. In my mind I was completely in denial, I'm not leaving my brother here, he's been with me since the beginning and he will til the end but maybe he was right and he wanted the best for me. I didn't know what to do until I heard ringing, it was one of the men's cellphones, I read it the screen and it was a text message.
Boss: I can see smoke what happened!?! I'm on my way in right now.
I showed Alex and he told me to do what I of course had to. I had to leave him there and run knowing he was gonna die either way. "Run Sky run". I did as told. Goodbye Alex.