Caught Up.

"You went through a lot to get here little girl, no one would've ever thought you made it", Maxwell complimented. I looked over to Kate, the short black woman, who nodded then back at Maxwell, "I know", I said abruptly. "So does she know where Carlos is or what?", Chris asked rudely. He had brownish blonde hair and pale skin. I don't like him, he reminds me of Kay. "Chris chill with the crap don't be so rude", a girl named Sophia said then she came by my side squatting by my chair arm, she looked to be around my age but older, "hey, we're here to help we just wanna know if you know where Carlos is", she grinned. I don't like her she reminded me of Lilac. I gave her the same death glare I had on since I started telling my story and she flinched a little. "Sophie.", Kate said signalling her to give me space. Sophie retreated and I stared back at Maxwell, "I don't know where he is, last place I saw him was the funeral home before blew up", said informed. I felt all their eyes on me and I hated it, for all I know I could be getting played again. Maxwell opened his mouth to speak but I beat him into talking, "look if you're going to kill me do it now, don't you dare try to use me until you have Carlos so you can dispose of me afterwards.... my brother's already been taken care of", I said glance at my thumb on the table then Maxwell sighed. "Listen kid I know I can tell you I'm not gonna hurt ya and your not gonna believe me but it's the truth. We aren't apart of the government's FBI system or any sort and we're obviously not siding with cha father, we want the same thing you want", he said leaning forward in his chair. "You don't know what I want", "but I can guess", he said immediately after then the room got silent. We stared at each other than I stared at everyone else in the room, I knew he did know what I want, I don't know how but I could tell. He knew I wanted to kill my father. "Fine.", I said crossing my arms, he chuckled, "grea-", "until you answer every question I ask", I cut in. he nodded, "go ahead", then leaned back. "Why are you guys plotting against the Government and The Scriptures?", I asked briefly and he answered this: "We're the people that actually care about America, we clean up the mess and make sure e everyone's safe. We've all lost someone special in our lives so instead of taking revenge we make sure no one else has suffered like we've suffered". I thought about that answer, he had to be bluffing I mean their human and lying is only human. I tilted my head, "so you've lost someone too, huh?", and he looked into my eyes, "They slit my 8 year old daughter's neck in front of me", he answered and I shifted in my seat, "oh, I'm sorry for your loss", I replied actually feeling sympathetic but he nodded and chuckled "that's the past, I'm making it up in the future". The room fell silent for like 10 seconds then I spoke, "Why did you come to my aid?", I asked and Maxwell sighed again, "if we're gonna help you we're gonna need your help. We're doing this for your benefit and ours", he said and I chuckled, "I don't recall asking for help", "I didn't recall asking you if you needed any", he replied cocking a brow. I tightened my jaw, "what do you want from me?", I asked. "Your assistance, we wanna get you and the rest of America out of trouble", he said but I wasn't buying it. I leaned back, "you expect me to believe that?", "That's up to you", he retorted and I had the same icily look I had on before. "You don't gotta trust us, heck you don't even need to talk to us, we just want to bring down The Scriptures, you can stay in bed while we do all the work for all I care, just as long as you feel safe", he said and I cringed, "so what's it gonna be?", he continued. The room fell erie silent and my eyes were narrowed on everybody. "I'll be the one to bring my father down", I said and got up to go back into the little room having Kate follow me hearing 'oh yeah', 'that's what I'm talking about', 'looks like we've got a deal', and even, 'I thought she'd never change her mind'. I opened the door and sat on the bed, it was really comfortable, it reminded me of my old house with my mom and Alex. "Are you hungry?", Kate asked. "No", I sternly said and she leaned against the door frame, "such a petite girl has to have an appetite honey", she said but I didn't face her. "I'm not hungry just leave", I commanded and she did as told closing the door behind her.
After she left I sat on the floor and winced when I felt my thigh sting, ugh if I keep hurting it I'm gonna have to amputate it. I stared at the bandages picturing how ugly the scar must be then a tear escaped my eye. I wiped it then I brought my knees up to my chest, I rocked back and fourth.

"Just let me play big brother for once"

Another tear escaped my eye.

"You're not taking them Carlos"

Then another

"I really like you Sky"

Then two more

"I'm not gonna let anyone hurt you guys"

More tears were streaming down my face.

"Let me be a father for once since this is the last time"

I heard myself whimper

"We were said to dispose of you both"

Soon enough I realized I was crying and tried to stop myself but then I decided to just let it all out. I cried for everything that happened in my life. My mom, my brother, my father, Jeremy, Kay, Uncle Patrick, Pace, Lilac, the men in suits, Juan, guns, bombs, blood, death. I killed over 5 people in one night, it was the first time I wasn't afraid to hold a gun without shaking or panic; it was no hesitation. I'm a monster, I'm alone with nobody. My actions got me in so much trouble and I ended up sacrificing everything I cared about. I wept louder as I remembered Juan's face after I killed him, I clutched my chest and cried grade but not loud enough for everyone to hear me in the house. I lost my partner in crime, my big head, my #1 protection and the woman who birthed me and cared for me only to think that my father was in the Government and wanted us safe but instead he was being chased by them and sent people to do his dirty work plus I got told off by my first crush and almost got auctioned away by my Uncle and cousin. What kinds of fucked up world is this. I can't take it, I don't want to but I gotta hold out just a while longer in order for me to have my father's blood in my palms. My tears of sadness turned into rage and anger. I formed fists and thrashed them about on the bed knowing I wasn't getting anywhere. I could feel the pain of the wounds as I moved about but I didn't care. Soon my strength gave out and I screamed into my sheets. I cried and cried and cried until I fell asleep.
I woke up on the bed with covers to my chin as I slept on my side. I sat up and stretched feeling my wounds itch so I shrank down. I threw off the covers and found eggs, bacon, and pancakes on the nightstand with a tall glass of milk. Without hesitation I ate. I hadn't realized how hungry I was. After eating I opened the closet and found grey sweat pants, a blue T shirt, and the boots I came here with. Kate. I took a shower and met everyone downstairs, they stared at me as I walked down so I stared back. My hair was in a ponytail and my bruises were still noticeable so I wouldn't expect them to stare.
Maxwell stood straight from his bent position, "Skylar, how did you sleep?", he asked. "That doesn't matter", I said and gathered around to see what they were doing. I saw blue print and bombs, Alex swept across my mind so I looked away at Kate and she smiled at me making me look down at my shoes to avoid her gaze.
"Okay everybody time to start this plan, we have about a week so we're taking this serious understood?", Maxwell said receiving understoods from everyone else. This is it, I thought to myself. This is the moment I become brave and face my fears. This is the beginning to a new me. This is the moment where I kill Carlos Rivera.
- Skylar