The Accident

No. The plan wasn't supposed to go down like that, now we were surrounded by guards but they didn't notice that we were underneath the Jeep, soon enough we heard gunfire and someone shouted, "WHERE ARE THE CHILDREN!", it sounded like Pace. I wanted to get up and run over to Pace so he could hug me and tell me that everything's okay but all of a sudden someone started the engine, my brother hauled me up above the hole we made and we hid behind our bags, the vehicle went fast and we kept bumping into things, my head started to hurt and my stomach wasn't feeling too good either. "Sargent we're losing control, the vehicle's been tampered with!", I recognized that voice, that was my brother's security guard. I tried to straighten myself cause I was in an uncomfortable position with the car spiraling around but as I did we made a sharp curve which made me landside ways on an army gun. Guns! I'm afraid of guns, I stood up away from the weapon, "Sargent!", the driver yelled and I started feeling like I was on a roller coaster, my feet gently floated on the ground and then... BAMM!

__________________________________

       *FLASHBACK*                                                                                                                                      

"Then stop doing stupid shit", "Well then what the fuck do you take me for!", yelled Theresa. It's 7:30pm whose that? It sounds like ma and I think she has company. I got up from my bunk and looked around stretching, Alex was probably outside doing what he usually does, I felt dizzy I guess I was hungry but I didn't want to bother my mom. "You know how much bullshit I had to go through for you Carlos! I told you I'm done with your shit", that was ma, "Listen you stupid bitch if you don't get what I want, I'm going to kill you and these fucking stupid--", "ma?", Alex came in puzzled staring at some man in a white hat. "You don't give me what I want then fine I'll take it myself", the man said, he grabbed Alex by the arm and Alex's instincts kicked in so he pulled his arm back, I guess that made the man mad cause he hit Alex's chin with something long and silver. "What the hell Carlos! My baby!", my ma took off on the man and bit his neck, he screamed and pulled her hair causing my mom to yell, opening her mouth, then did he turn around and punch her in her nose. "Ma!", I ran downstairs to my mother's rescue but I screamed and jerked back, the abuser had my hair tied up in his fist and pulled me back to the ground, my butt made a big thud on the floor and he still held onto my hair, "Ahh!", I kept hollering while holding onto my head, I started to cry. He sat me up straight enough and told me to look at my pathetic mother, " look Skylar, look at your helpless mother, are you as much as a bitch as her cause if you are I can't take you with me". My mom's nose was bleeding heavy and she struggled to sit up, I glanced at Alex, still knocked out. "Uh, uh, uh where you think you going, huh? You're about to miss the fun", he squatted down and pulled me up by my hair to face my mom, it hurt, "You're stupid bitch mother deserves it, she should know....", my mom was weak but she tried crawling over to my brother, the man pulled out the silver thing again... it was a gun, my vision blurred as his voice continued, "He who has the gun makes the motherfucking rules!". BANG.

_________________________________

          Where am I? I opened my eyes to smoke and rubble. I seen fire everywhere, when I looked straight ahead I was staring at the stars, why am I laying on my back? I couldn't move much. Ouch, I looked down at my thigh, the army rifle went right through it. I started to cry in shock, I felt paralyzed and there was a pool of blood around me. I looked up to see a broken ledge off the mountain where base was located, I guess we spiraled out of control and fell down this ledge. Something started moving near a big pile of metal parts behind my bag, it was my brother. I was relieved to see him, he was okay but he had a large slice on his cheek. When he saw me, his jaw dropped, "Sky! Sky are you okay? Does anything hurt? Does everything hurt?", he hovered his hands over me not knowing where to touch, "it's okay", I assured him, "I'm fine, I just can't feel my legs, or my right arm", he paid no mind to my answer though, he look across the fire and there lain his guard... dead, but the other passenger was gone. "Come on we got to get you to a hospital--", he suggested but I cut him off refusing, "No then the government will take us back and we'll never be able to break free again". He stared at me shocked, "b-but your hurt and--", "no! We can't give up... please Alex", I interrupted feeling my tears get well up. He helped me up while I gave cries of pain, my leg was really busted up but I have to take the gun out, Alex dismantled it, leaving the part stuck in my leg there. "We'll get that out, I know a guy", I was surprised by his input, we've been the facility so long that we haven't had any chance to talk to normal people or make friends. He put me on his back, I carried only his bag on my shoulder, mines was busted up. Slowly, just slowly I lost my eyesight.