Epilogue: Thank You, For Everything

Dear Niall,

What an adventure, eh?

I really had fun with you last weekend. Zayn's beach house is lovely, isn't it? It was good to see him again after so long. Him, Perrie, Hatchi, and Eva are doing wonderful. There were days when I doubted them, but they proved me wrong. Remember when Zayn fell off the deck and into the water? It's a good thing Perrie taught him to swim so long ago. Eva is a beauty, ain't she? One of the prettiest four-month-olds I have ever seen in my life. She has Perrie's hair and Zayn's eyes. Did you notice that? I guess I notice simple things like that.

All of the guys are doing wonderful, it seems. Louis and Harry never fail to amaze me. We should plan a visit to their home in north London sometime next month. They travel a lot; I don't know where they are now. Harry said something about honey-mooning in Greece. This was supposed to be a secret, but Harry is talking about adopting a baby with Louis. That's precious, huh?

It's sad that we all grew up so fast. I miss the guys a lot. Remember when we performed with Robbie Williams on X Factor? Or the time we played a sold-out show at Madison Square Garden? That was sick. I'll never forget that day. We sure did have a laugh when Harry slipped on the cake that one time. He says he never forgave you for that. Haha.

Now, onto you. (:

I think what made me fall for you was your eyes. They're so bright and big and blue. They remind me of the ocean. I love the ocean. Whenever you look at me, I feel special. Almost like we're the only two people in the world. As cheesy as it sounds, it's true.

Your laugh. Oh, god, I could listen to it forever. Whenever you laugh, I feel bubbly; like everything is okay. Like there is nothing in the world to be mad at. I love when you laugh. It makes me happy.

Your personality drives me crazy (in a good way, of course). You're so carefree, and that always manages to put a smile on my face. No matter where you are, you're always smiling. You don't seem to have a care in the world. I feel like we were put on X Factor for a reason. I met you for a reason. We are both so different, but I guess opposites attract.

Your smell. You have a distinct smell. It's unique, and I love it. Whenever you wrap your arms around me, I feel at home. Then I sniff you (I'm normal, ok). You always smell shower fresh and like Marc Jacobs. It's lovely.

Thank you, Niall.

Thank you for being my best friend for all these years. You've stuck with me and stood by me with everything, no matter what. You're simply amazing. Remember when all the boys got mad at me and swore they'd never forgive me in Paris? I felt like nobody was there for me and no one wanted to be my friend.

You were my friend, though.

Niall, you stand up for me when I'm weak. You're like the sunshine on a rainy day. You're like the peanut to my butter (because I really like peanut butter, and we all know that). You make me so, so happy. No words could even begin to describe how you make me feel. I was a butterfly before I met you; happy and outgoing, yet lifeless. Niall, you have allowed me to finally grow my wings.

The past ten years with you have been utterly amazing. I want you to be as happy with me as I am with you. I want to stay in on sick days and have a Disney movies marathon. I want to come home to the smell of your tea and cinnamon toast. I want to cuddle while looking through old One Dorection photo albums, remembering the good 'ol days. I want to stay with you, Niall. I want to be yours forever.

Niall James Horan, would you do me the honor of marrying me?

Yours forever and always,

Liam James Payne xx