Epilogue

Third person's pov:

Taehyung walks with his head leaned on Jeongguk's shoulder, arms snaked into each other's.

"I saw my mother last night. In my dream of course"

He starts by saying, giggling at himself at the end.

Jeongguk tilts his head down to look at the him but Taehyung doesn't look up.

"She seemed happy? I guess. It was lie a blur vision to be honest. But I
eard her clearly"

Jeongguk hums, encouraging him to go on. Telling him that he's listening.

"I missed her voice, Jeongguk"

Something ugly twists in Jeongguk's guts. Something bitter. Pain, regret, anger, sadness, pity. All for himself. The memories of a particular night coming back full force.

Taehyung seems to notice the stiffness in him. He squeezes Jeongguk's arm, softly rubbing it afterwards.

They are still in the middle of the woods. Not really in the forest. But surrounded by huge trees nonetheless. It's pleasant, the sunlight peaking through the cloudy sky. Light and breezy.

"I remember her words when she praised me. For standing up for my omega friend in high school. My mother was so proud of me. Kissed my head and all"

Jeongguk swallows back the tightness in his throat. Tries to stay there, with Taehyung's touch. But the ugly feeling doesn't settle down.

"I saw all that. In my dream, she seemed proud of me. Kissed my head"

Taehyung says as he lifts his head to look at his mate. A soft smile on his lips. But Jeongguk couldn't get himself to return that.

"Seems like she approves of you, afterall"

Taehyung says, to lighten up the mood but sincere. Trying to settle Jeongguk's inner turmoil. But it just further pushes the Alpha in the dark pits of his own mind.

"Jeongguk"

Taehyung stops walking, stands infront of the other male. He's taller than Taehyung but the omega manages to look him in the eye as he cups his face.

"We have had this conversation before, right?"

He speaks so soft like he's afraid to break Jeongguk by it.

"I moved on. So should you"

It's simple the way he puts it. Like he always has. Telling Jeongguk long ago that what happened to his mother was the curse. Not the person.

He has told Jeongguk that he doesn't blame him for the night. He did, for a long while. But now, he doesn't.

Jeongguk takes Taehyung's hands from where they are cupping his face into his own.

"I.. just can not. I am so fucking sorry, Tae–"

"Not a word more. I just wanted to share how happy that dream made me. How happy I felt listening to her again. But you refuse to let go of the past"

Jeongguk craddles Taehyung's jaw with in hand, other still in his hold.

"Tae–"

"No, Jeongguk. No apology again. We won't be able to ever move on if you keep doing this. You do this self loathe and think you owe me apologies. And that's not how marriages work, how relationships work"

Jeongguk looks down at their hands, biting his lower lip he takes a deep breath.

"What should I do?"