Chapter 14

Third person's pov:

Third person's pov:

"It's always so pleasant to comeback here every year. You're such a great leader Jeongguk"

Kwon Haneul, his father's old friend and the leader of River Ash pack was finally here with his son and other men.

Right now, they were present at the Alpha's office. Not the one in his pack house. It was the official one. Right behind the training grounds.

This place was spacious. Like how real offices work. Except it didn't have a reception. Just him and his other companions working all over the place.

As he heard the older Alpha, Jeongguk gave a small smile and nodded.

"It's pleasant to have you here too"

–Except your sore thumb of a son.

He wanted to add, but thankfully kept his mouth shut.

The said son, Kwon Jiyon was also beside his father.

Resting back on the couch, left leg crossed over the other and a look of arrogance on his face.

He was obviously a young man, tall, attractive and an alpha. But his personality is what Jeongguk never liked.

Jeongguk tried his best to ignore the other, but Jiyon had his eyes fixed on the Alpha.

They got busy in a light conversation.

Jeongguk's close men were here too along with Haneul's men as well.

The old man was talking about his father, reliving their old memories. Cherishing those days.

Jeongguk was sitting with his elbows resting on his parted legs, eyes down, but still looking as an embodiment of power and dominance.

He nodded along what Haneul was talking about. His chest hurting so bad at those memories. His own childhood memories also adding to the collection.

He closed his eyes taking in a deep breath. Sometimes it gets hard to cope with them even after years. Making his throat burn and piercing his chest with pain.

He was so glad when Jhonny interrupted them, asking the lunch was ready and probably everyone needed rest too.

Jeongguk got up along the older alpha, who patted his shoulder with a proud smile before leaving for the guest houses along the others.

Since it's a big ceremony and many guests from other packs come, for at least a day or two, their pack has a few seperate guest houses for such occasions.

As Jeongguk picked up his phone from the table to leave as well, he actually wasn't surprised when heavy footsteps approached him in slow steps.

He stood up straight as Jiyon stood right in front of him.