Chapter 9

Third person's pov:

Taehyung was surprised when Jimin dropped him a huge pile of clothes, toiletries and some more basic stuff, the next day.

He really liked the things, but there was undoubtedly pain in his heart when he remembered what he used to had. Jimin didn't miss that hurt in his eyes, he was quick to ask Taehyung to have a pack tour. Just to divert his mind.

All the way he tried silly things to cheer up the omega. Like taking a plastic crown from a vendor- a toy, which was too small for his head- but he still wore it. Trying to act like their Alpha aka Jeongguk.

Which consisted of him being angry and rude to everyone, and ordering around, even making the little pups playing around giggle at him.

He also walked around, flirting and joking with elderly women. Well, one was an alpha and almost hit him full force with the vegetables she was carrying. That was highlight. Taehyung laughed for the remaining tour, about it.

And needless to say, it all worked. Taehyung felt much better after spending three or so hours of walking around the beautiful pack.

When they were on their way back, something caught Taehyung's attention.

He never noticed, because he ran away at midnight, but there was a clearing not so far from the pack house he's staying at.

It was apparently used for training purposes because he could see pups, young boys and elder wolves training in their human and wolf forms.

Jimin chuckled at his fascination and patted his back.

"They are trained by Jeongguk and other practiced alphas. It's for all alphas, betas or even omegas who are willing to become strong fighters"

Taehyung teared his eyes away from the training wolves and looked at Jimin.

"That's so cool. I never really had something like this at my pack"

Jimin sighed, a little dejected.

"I think it's because, Mystic Shadow is the biggest pack and so it has more threats of getting attacked. And our Alpha... you know.. he's.."

The beta became hesitant, using his hands to explain. Taehyung nodded, wanting him to continue. The elder sighed again.

"They believe he's cursed. They believe he's not good enough to be a leader because he can't control himself.. and might end up killing his own people"

Taehyung didn't reply, just turned his attention back at the training grounds.

"Is he.. really cursed?"

The omega asked after a brief pause. Jimin couldn't exactly pinpoint the emotions behind the question. He just started walking along Taehyung, who was now going to the clearing.

"I can't tell"

Then he took a deep breath, tilting his head back. All the memories of past years flashing around. He was also one of Jeongguk's victims. His parents and younger brother were killed too.

Then he opened his eyes and glanced at the younger omega.

"I believe he's not"

This caught Taehyung's attention. He looked at Jimin.

"How can you say that. He's a monster. Clearly heartless and ruthless. He killed my whole pack, Jimin. Whole pack"

Jimin shook his head.

"No, Taehyung. There is a reason he's still our leader despite the enemies' threats. Because this pack loves him. What goes on those nights is completely out of his control"