23. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐈𝐋𝐃 𝐂𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐑𝐘!!!

Sophia's pov

I hate mornings. I rolled over in bed and slammed my alarm off. My mom's voice shouted up the stairs.

"Sophia, get up. Your breakfast is ready.!".

I showered, and did my all morning routines. Finally, i was ready for school. We're having swimming tryouts today.

Yesterday went really cool. Except that jerk who called me shorty. How dare he call me that?

After breakfast, i put my earbuds in and started to walk school.

I reached the school in 10 minutes. I saw skye, everest and Emarald waiting for me.

"Hey gurls." I greeted.

"What's up pizza " skye smiled to me. I gave her a playful glare.

We began to walk to the football fields. The players are running laps as the tryouts will be starting soon. Many new boys who are trying out for it was present there.

Ella was sitting at bleachers putting her cheer shoes where zuma was sitting beside annoying her as always.

"Over here". Katie greeted us with a smile.

We gave her a smile back. She's one of the best girls in our school who doesn't act like other plastic barbies.

"Hey Katie, is everyone here?" Skye asked.

She nodded her head. " They're just helping ms. Evans with getting the uniform for our Saturday's play, out of her car and to the fields.

"Well that's good." I replied back as i sat my things on the ground. " so, what's up with you and ryder? " everest asked teasingly.

Her face turned crimson in colour when she mentioned the name ' Ryder'.

"Ummm.... We're dating." She said shyly.

"Aww... Congrats katie. I'm so happy for you." Everest said with a smile.

In the past weak, i found that Bella was the girl that flirted with every guy she lay her eyes on. Not to mention even sweetie, mia and Ellie.
They all had the same football stare. The most quiet girls that i found are freshmen that were really good. Which were Rachel, leia, Natalia, lara, rose and Margaret. The rest of the girls, i really haven't had a sit down conversation to know them.

Skye and everest went to ready the schedule for the day. Katie, emarald and i waited in the fields.

"So wanna run with the football players?" I asked them.

"Really?" Emarald looked at me in surprise.

Katie laughed. "Yeah. C'mon let's jump in, we can run all of them."

As soon as the football players came around to run the fields again, we jumped in. Running just as fast, if not faster than them.

"Who invited them?" A guy from back yelled. I turned to see that it was blake.

"Who invited me to run faster than you? Myself ". I rolled my eyes.

"Girls, over here. We have the uniforms ready." Coach evans called.

"Okay boys, you can stop running. Even though it's looks like cheerleaders did better than you". The football coach yelled.

We stopped running. I gave emarald and katie a high five as we went back to the sideline.we stood by the water dispenser with a few boys drinking water. I couldn't help but notice that some cheerleaders began to twirl their hair. I rolled my eyes again.

"Cheerleaders?" Another one boy who was running with blake, asked.

Wait! Isn't it the jerk from yesterday who called me shorty?!

"Oh. It's the shorty. Thought they're track team or something ".

"Well we don't " i said back with slight attitude.
He obviously looked like the person who always said boys are better than girls.

"You're just like the rest of them" i said looking at him.

"What does that mean pretty face ?" He took a step towards me.

"You know what it means."

"Oh. Who are you?" He looked me up amd down like was still surprised.

"Who are you?" I scoffed right back.

"C'mon kitten, what's your name, or can i call you shorty?" He smirked.

"Don't you dare to call me shorty." I glared yo him.

"Then what's you name kitty?"

"Sophia... Sophia Parker."

"Nice name. But i like kitten more." He grinned. "Well you aren't like the other.... Interesting." He flirted with a wink.

I turned on my heels.

"Jackson." I heard him say, so i turned around. "Huh?"

"My name, Jackson Rodriguez. But, people call me the wildcat." He smirked and with that he turned walking away to the fields.

Why does the name seems like I've heard it before?

Zuma's pov

"Why are you annoying me zuma?"Ella asked irritated.

That's my favourite hobby. You know that right?" I grinned.

Before she could reply, the coach whistled for us to get in a line so that we cam start the tryouts.

"See you soon. Don't forgot to miss mee" she rolled her eyes.

I stood up and started walking to where the new members have assembled.

"Alright, calm yourselves... Or I'll make you all run 666!" The coach yelled. I have never heard a more silent place full of boys before the threat.

With a chuckle, he continued " Blake, jackson, zuma, Patrick, zach and dylan... " He called.

"Blake, you're up first." He takes his place.

"Hike" blake says and then plays. Rex, who is receiver,is wide open but he hesitates then throws the ball but it flies two feet over Rex's head.

"Jackson " coach called and took position.

"Hike" he says then throws to rex. It's a perfect spiral. A beautiful pass, it lands on Rex's arms.

"Zuma" coach called. I took a deep breath. I look up to see skye, ella and everest sitting at the bleachers. They shot me thumbs up.

"Hike". I yelled. The center snaps the ball, and i threw it to rex. It sails through air and lands on his arms. Then he runs to make it touchdown.

Following, everyone tried out and finally we all gathered near bleachers.

"When i call your name, come and get your Jersey." Coach stated.

He started " Quarterback,... Number 5 chase Hemsworth. " After high fieing many boys including me, chase walks up and picks up the number 5 orange and black jersey.

He continued. " Wide receiver, number 6 Rex Adams. "

"Center...number 8,Tracker Collins "

"Running back... Number 20 Tuck Williams ".

"Full back... Number 18 Marshall Anderson "

"Linebackers... Number 11 Ryan brown, Number 13 Adam miller, number 15 zach Hernanez, number 19 patrick bennet."

"Defensive tackle... Number 19 Blake Evans, Number 9 Harry Madison."

"Corner back, number 7 Jackson Rodriguez "

........ The list went on.......

" And final spot on the first string defense; free safety..... "

The spot i tried for . I bit my lip nervously.

"Number 10, Zuma Robinson "

❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️❄️