18| Honest Confessions

"What is the meaning of this?" Klaus half-yelled as he stormed into the crowded kitchen

"What is the meaning of this?" Klaus half-yelled as he stormed into the crowded kitchen. He always let the world know when something was bothering him, and this time was no exception.

Rebekah stood by the window, observing something outside when she heard Klaus's voice. She just sighed, not moving from her spot. "Oh bloody hell, here we go."

Katherine looked up from her place on the kitchen counter and narrowed her eyes. She was about to bring a spoonful of cereal to her mouth when Klaus had made his presence known. It wasn't long since she had woken up, so she was still wearing her sleepwear, and her hair was in a loose, messy ponytail. She glared at Klaus, annoyed at him for having broken the morning peace.

Elijah looked up from his newspaper while taking a sip from the small, white coffee cup on the table. He did not seem surprised that his brother had found something to complain about again. He noticed Kol wanted to say something inappropriate by the smug grin on his lips and the way his mouth slightly opened at Klaus's words, so he sent him a warning look to not piss off Klaus's already on the edge mood.

"What has someone done wrong this time?" Katherine snorted.

Klaus simply ignored her as he headed straight over to his brothers by the table and threw the newspaper he was holding onto it, spreading the pages out so they could see properly.

"Look, it looks like..." he began, pointing at the page.

"Mikael," Elijah continued, staring at the picture of his father. The newspaper wasn't from New Orleans, but from Baton Rouge. "He's not that far away."

Katherine jumped down from the counter and walked over to them. "Mikael?" she asked, her mouth full of cornflakes. She tilted her head to the side as she looked down at the drawing in the newspaper and read the text below it. "Man seen ripping out four men's heart before fleeing from the scene.... Since when do you read newspapers from other cities?" she asked, the question directed at Klaus.

"I heard word from one of my spies that a vampire was killing vampires close by."

"How did he manage to escape death again?" Rebekah pondered. She had decided to join their little circle around the table.

"Maybe the same way I did... Mother," Kol speculated. "Maybe this was her plan. Not long after she resurrected me and Finn, they disappeared. Maybe that's why we haven't heard from them, because she brought Daddy Mikaelson back as well."

Klaus let out an irritated growl as he harshly closed the newspaper and looked up at his siblings. "Looks like our parents are back, and ready to play."

_____

Katherine sat comfortably in her bed with her nose in a book, smiling to herself as she read the pages. She didn't have anything better to do, and it wasn't like she could go outside. Not outside her room, because Jean and Jaden stood ready to escort her wherever she would go. Not outside on the streets, now that Mikael was running rampage in the area, and not outside of New Orleans, when she and Klaus still hadn't reached an agreement on her current status. She soon spotted someone in the side of her eye and turned to face them.