20| Every Rose Has Her Thorns

Katherine returned to the house and hoped not to run into a Mikaelson or any of their underlings, but she didn't seem to be that lucky

Katherine returned to the house and hoped not to run into a Mikaelson or any of their underlings, but she didn't seem to be that lucky. As soon as she entered the door, Jean and Jaden greeted her by the entrance, both looking at her with stern expressions and crossed arms.

"And where were you?" Jean spoke up, raising a brow as he looked down at her.

"At the toilet..." she lied, but she could tell neither of them believed it so she went straight to the point. "Please don't tell Klaus I went outside..." she pleaded.

Jean shook his head. "It's our orders, we have to."

"You failed your guard duty, aren't you the ones that'll get in trouble?"

"Get in trouble for what?" Klaus inquired as he joined them by the entrance, having just wandered out from the living room on his way outside.

"Klaus..." Katherine uttered, her voice appearing tenser than she intended. When her eyes met his, she couldn't help the nervousness that arose inside her as she forced a smile. "Excuse me," she muttered, pushing past them all as she hurried to her room.

Katherine had always considered herself a good actor, but right then, she wasn't very convincing. She knew Klaus would follow her, after that look she gave him... She just couldn't help it. All the memories and secrets made her paranoid.

She tried to remain conscious, but the memories kept forcing their way in, seemingly not finished yet. How many memories did he even remove? She asked herself before reluctantly drifting into the past and into a mesmerized sleep.

_____

Klaus kissed her stomach as he looked up at her twisting in pleasure beneath him. He enjoyed the sounds she made when he touched her.

"Klaus," she moaned, short of breath.

"My sweet Katerina."

"Klaus," she moaned again. She closed her eyes while letting her fingers trace over his back. He was her one great love, she was sure of it. Her old lover in Bulgaria was nothing compared to the man between her legs. At that moment, no other man than Klaus was on her mind. She belonged to him. "Kiss me," she begged.

He smirked, "Are you demanding things from you lord, little Katerina?"

Katerina smiled seductively. "You like it," she whispered in his ear. She put a hand on each of his cheeks and pulled his face towards hers. "Kiss me," she whispered, letting her lips lightly brush against his.

She knew him. He couldn't resist her, nor control her. That was what he loved about her the most. She was utterly special.

He brushed his tongue against her lower lip before sliding it slowly into her mouth, devouring her taste with a passionate kiss that could have lasted an eternity. "I love you," he whispered in her ear as they broke free to catch a breath, before rolling over to his side.