The Dinner

Chapter Sixteen: The dinner

When I walked back into the familiar bedroom I threw my suitcase against the wall and let out a frustrating sigh.

God I wish I was still in Tennessee.

The thing with Tennessee, is that there is no one there who would come up with some sick game to get with girls. Of course there is no good backstabbing ex friends there but it might actually be better than here.

I lied down on my bed, letting out a deep sigh as I turned my phone back on. Surprisingly no more than four text messages had came through.

Can't wait for our girls night Friday, miss ya girl, text me when u get back-Tilly

Hey girl, I'll tell you what happened on my fascinating trip tomorrow ;) -me

Jenny so excited for our do over date!- Leo

Can't wait- me

Hey Jenny text me when you make it home safe :) - Charlie

Home safe no need to worry :) - me

The last message took me by surprise and it just came through only minutes ago.

Hey, it's Trent, I saw your car pull in.. I was wondering if you maybe wanted to hangout for a bit? - Trent

I added him to my contacts.
Standing up from my bed I walked to my closet and got changed into a pair of grey sweatpants and a tight cotton black sleeve shirt.

Picking up my phone I decided to message him back.

Hey Trent, I will come over but it's getting late and I want to be in bed around 10 so I would only be over for am hour? If that changes ur mind at all -me

It didn't take long to get a response.

No that's fine with me. I just wanted to hang with a friend. - Trent

I wasn't quite sure where this was gonna go. So I stuffed my phone into my pocket and told my mom I was going to hangout with the kid next door.

At his doorstep I wasn't sure if I should text him I was there or to ring the doorbell. Maybe if I texted him he would think that I'm just scared. I rang the doorbell.

It was only a few seconds before the door swung open and I was greeted by two girls. The first one looked to be around ten years old and the second one around six.

"Trent!!! There is a girl Here!" The older one yelled while the little one giggled.

"Mommy!!! There is a girl Here!!! Trent has a girlfriend!!!" The little one hollered and I couldn't help but laugh.

"Actually I'm just his friend, I'm here to just hangout with-"

"Maya and Olivia!" Trent yelled racing down the stairs. " I told you I was going to get the door!"

"You took too long taking off the makeup!"

"Makeup?" I mumbled to myself.

"Don't let the poor girl stand there, invite her in. Hi I'm Trents mom. You can call me Victoria" she smiled as she shooed me inside.

I smiled back, "I'm Jenny. It's nice to meet you."

"I'm Maya and this is Olivia."the older girl smiled widely an pointed to the little sister, Olivia.