chapter 44-Bonds Beyond Blood

In the dimly lit room, Nil prepared to serve the meal, but Kao, with a swift motion, snatched the spoon from him, taking charge of the task. Astounded, Nil began, "Strangerrr..."

Before Nil could finish his sentence, Kao interjected, "Sorry, but I don't want to take any risk." A faint smile played on Nil's lips as he lowered his head.

Uncle Tham calling for Stranger. Puzzled, Nil inquired, "Who's calling you so late at night?"

"Uncle Tham!" Stranger responded, answering the call promptly. Uncle Tham's words flowed through the phone.

"Sorry, Son, I hope I didn't bother you," Uncle Tham apologized.

''Uncle, You never bother us," Stranger assured him.

"I sent you and Nil's food, what Techno gave you," Uncle Tham informed.

"Yes, Uncle, and we were about to start eating," Stranger replied.

"Well, can I talk to Nil?" Uncle Tham requested.

"Sure," Stranger agreed, activating the speaker. Just as Nil was about to speak, Uncle Tham's commanding voice filled the room, "Nil, you will not quarrel with Kao. You better be with each other."

A wry smile crept across Kao's face, and Nil, in response to Uncle Tham's words, made a disgruntled expression. Attempting to defend himself, Nil queried, "When have I ever started a fight with Stranger, Uncle? If there's a quarrel, Stranger initiates it."

"No need to say. Take care," Uncle Tham dismissed. "And Kao, I know he's a little mad, but please take care of him."

"No one knows it better than me," Kao acknowledged.

Uncle Tham concluded with a warm smile, "Enjoy the meal, and take care of you both."

Nil, unable to contain himself, shouted, "Uncle...unclee, It's not fair...uncleeee," but before he could continue, Uncle Tham hung up the phone. Catching Nil's eye, Stranger remarked, "See, even Uncle Tham knows you well."

In the ensuing silence, Nil glanced at Kao, his eyes glistening with unshed tears.

A nuanced joy played on Nil's face, a departure from the earlier tension. Kao, his own eyes misty, gently wiped away his tears with a steady hand and uttered, "I'm sorry, Nil. I didn't anticipate that our words would weigh so heavily on you."

Nil, looking directly at Kao, offered a smile that held a depth of meaning. Taking Kao's hands in his own, he spoke, "It's a tear of happiness, you know. When I left my own family and country, I never imagined I'd find so much in a foreign land. I've gained so much – from 'Forever Young' to Uncle Tham, Marry, Techno, Achara, and..."

"